Armgeddon is just annoying.

Morpheus1975

Mongoose
I think a great impulse for me to keep up on the game and playing every now and then is this website BUT

I find it really annoying that just about everyone has and is talking about the PDF for Armageddon Tourney stuff when it is not even available to the public yet. It is like a giant group conversation of which you are not invited to because you have no idea what is going on.

At least with the regular tourney release everyone was able to receive and discuss it at the same time.

I figure that is just a reflection of Mongoose's fear that players will start whining and picking it apart even more if it was made public than it is already having done to it now.

I think mongoose also needs to look after us family people and release paper/cardboard counters also like those for B5 wars for us who have to struggle with the wife to justify the cost of buying minis instead of buying other things!

I'm not as upset as it might sound it just turns me off and away to other games (battletech) even more. Especially with Total Warfare coming out!

Amen brother, I am also rather annoyed at times that some info is there but not for all, like the saggi discussion. Mongoose tower tested it against WS, people comment on it, and the majority can only slightly put in carefull comments cause they don`t have the full deal.

Morpheus1975 said:
I find it really annoying that just about everyone has and is talking about the PDF for Armageddon Tourney stuff when it is not even available to the public yet. It is like a giant group conversation of which you are not invited to because you have no idea what is going on.

At least with the regular tourney release everyone was able to receive and discuss it at the same time.

Firstly the tourney players got the tourney pdf because they needed to have it for the tourney. If the book hadn't been dalayed by the printer, we would never have got all that information.

Secondly a couple of people on these boards have got their preordered copies of Armageddon.

I figure that is just a reflection of Mongoose's fear that players will start whining and picking it apart even more if it was made public than it is already having done to it now.

Don't be so paranoid. Mongoose released a significant portion of the book to the tourney goers free of charge so the tourney could go ahead as planned - a move that could potentially harm sales of the book. If this information was freely diseminated over the net, a goodly number of players might decide they did not need to buy the book.

I think mongoose also needs to look after us family people and release paper/cardboard counters also like those for B5 wars for us who have to struggle with the wife to justify the cost of buying minis instead of buying other things!

I'm not as upset as it might sound it just turns me off and away to other games (battletech) even more. Especially with Total Warfare coming out![/quote]

I don't care why they release it but once it is released it should be available to the public property UNLESS the players using it have agreed not to discuss it until released.

Its upsetting that a few can have new toys, talk about them, and play with them before the rest.

If there was an Armageddon PDF I might have bought it like I bought both the PDF and hard copy version of total warfare. I have to wait for the hard copy but have the PDF now that I can use.

It's more annoying that we are told that there is a delay with the printers yet BEFORE that delay was announced, Matt said on a post that the book was on it's way from the printers implying it had already been printed :-(
The fact that Runequest got delayed as well makes me think they should sack the printers and get a decent company to print the books. then we have the moulds collapsing for drakh, and possibly kabintak, G'vrahn and so on. It seems that mongoose is cursed.

well some peoplpe saw it even b4 the PDF and started the rumours, wets you appetite, you wanna know more and cant wait for the book :)

indeed, most of the new ships were shown at mongoose several months ago, along with stats. speakj to someone who went, they might not know all the new rules (but you have probably seen em talked about from the pdf) but they could tell you ship stats.

note the people who have access to the book have put up a decent list of the rules changes, and a fair chunk of data on the new fleets and ships, so it's not like you're being excluded from the whole conversation.

allegedly so, not bad seeing as how mongoose allegedly promised ID they would have the first copy, which incidentally was yours that you won.

Yellow Beard hiffano said:
allegedly so, not bad seeing as how mongoose allegedly promised ID they would have the first copy, which incidentally was yours that you won.
Well I suppose thats the benefit of being a Play Tester....just waiting calmly for my copy :)

I agree with Morpheus 100% about the counters. :shock:
As a company Mongoose has turned its back on this group of players, (players who haven't got alot of money).
Its very disappointing , and i don't like it :evil:

JayRaider said:
I agree with Morpheus 100% about the counters. :shock:
As a company Mongoose has turned its back on this group of players, (players who haven't got alot of money).
Its very disappointing , and i don't like it :evil:

Mongoose have said that for next year they will be releasing more counters, I'm sure I saw that in the what do you want in 2007 post.

i believe they have said they will be releasing counters for all the new ships, guess they had to release enough to make counters worth while. so would guess the dilgar, drakh and the Armageddon ships would all get counters.
one thing i dont think anyone can accuse mongoose of is turning its back on its players, but releasing counters for just say dilgar ships is not financial sense.

"one thing i dont think anyone can accuse mongoose of is turning its back on its players"

what about kicking them in the teeth repeatedly? or bending them over for a right good shafting? . . .

what about kicking them in the teeth repeatedly? or bending them over for a right good shafting? . . .

Ouch Hiffano...that stings a bit. I'd like to think we do all we can to be good to our players. I know that Matthew has really gone out on limbs for folks before, and Alex and Ian and the rest are all a bunch of stand up guys too.

I hope that most others do not share the view that we are bad to our players in such a way. I'd like to think that our career choices do some good, y'know?

Cheers,
Bry

Mongoose Steele said:

Ouch Hiffano...that stings a bit. I'd like to think we do all we can to be good to our players. I know that Matthew has really gone out on limbs for folks before, and Alex and Ian and the rest are all a bunch of stand up guys too.

I hope that most others do not share the view that we are bad to our players in such a way. I'd like to think that our career choices do some good, y'know?

Cheers,
Bry

Nothing Personal Bry, something that has just happened with regards to a S+P article has made me somewhat angry. I'm hoping Matt will appease us. I will admit both Matt and Alex have been fantastic in their customer service (but really man, find a new printers!)

Back