Armgeddon is just annoying.

patience is a virtue guys.
you cant give a guy a hard time for having faith in the printers. They let him down so we all shout at him like it`s his fault......come on ,this don`t sound like the guys I know on this forum. The game isn`t about how quick you get the rules ......Is It?

Barry

If they're holding off on counters and are doing the drakh and the armageddon/EA crusade ships as a pack, fair enough. Just be warned that the longer you wait, the more likely people are to grab homemade drakh counters.......there's a set of good ones out there alread as I recall.

'Six Timbers' Reaverman said:
I'm patient....I am venting my frustration on making Hex terrain ;)

Tell me about it, unrolled my hex mat and studying the Federation Commander rules atm to find a way to teach them fast and easily to my B5 players...

For some reason being in Oz and having a preorder means you get you copy earlier. Not that I'm personally complaining, but I understand how much it must suck for everyone else. I've also been trying to hold off most of my comments and questions, except about what's now 'public' knowledge, till it's released.

On the other point, I think that Mongoose have been taking good care of their players, they certainly listen to us more than most companies would! We also have to recognise when they've had bad luck, like with the moulds. I'm happy to admit that as a counter player (the only way I can hope to afford to play), I'd love to see more counters brought out quicker, but it's a minature game, so really counters are just a funky bonus.

And if it comes to it, I'd rather Mongoose kept putting the emphasis on making it a better game over no textual errors (though that'd be nice too!).

So Bry, Mat and the Mongoose gang: keep up the good work, you're doing a great job!

I agree that in many aspects Mongoose has done a fairly good job, after I had bought the three mini modules that became worthless as soon as I paid the money for them and the revised edition.

I have concerns over how many editions that there will be and will not purchase Armageddon until it has been out 4-6 months and it is
1. Cheaper on Ebay.
2. Verified that new changes will not majically appear.

I thought the original tourney stuff release was a partial patch to fix the above problems and honestly feel that if there was an Armageddon tourney released in the tourney it should also have been released here for free in the same way.

Now I understand the thought that people will not buy Armageddon if it has a tourney release but personally the more hardcore players who buy minis are unlikely to just download the tourney stuff and then spend hundreds to buy minis.

Personally this is an argument without much ground IMO.

And yes I agree 100% that if Mongoose is to release Armageddon that they should do it when it is nearly error free.

I also agree that in cases of Mold errors and problems that they should be given all the slack we can give them. I havev built molds myself for different types of materials and understand the problems involved all too well.

Hell, I have 4 (yes FOUR) Armageddon copies in pre-order at Dancing Dryad. One for the collection, one for disassembling and put in binders, one to haul around to the club and stuff, and one in reserve for when something would happen to 1 or 3 :?

It is not the playtesters who have got their copies. It is people who pre-ordered direct from Mongoose. Shadowscout is one (and he is in Austria).

Dread Pirate Burger said:
Playtesters don't have Armageddon? So has Armageddon been playtested???
We all made up our own stats and just discussed those.

Alternatively, we all have pre-publication PDF copies, but not a finalised book or even a properly laid out PDF.

Wulf

Wulf, just asking for info - who were the other playtesters involved with armageddon? Matt reffered to a group called the "5 Good Men" - are you and the other testers these guys?

As I said, just asking for info - good to know who makes the decisions regarding Acta.

Swab TenaciousB said:
Wulf, just asking for info - who were the other playtesters involved with armageddon? Matt reffered to a group called the "5 Good Men" - are you and the other testers these guys?
That's us, yes. I won't embarrass myself by mis-remembering who the other 4 are... :roll:

Wulf

Wulf Corbett said:
That's us, yes. I won't embarrass myself by mis-remembering who the other 4 are... :roll:

Wulf

S'ok, Wulf - I'm not organising a lynch mob or anything lol - by and large, I'm pretty happy with most of the stuff I've read about. It would just be good to run future thoughts and ideas past you blokes.

Back