Armageddon Rules - Putting Sheridan in a VCD????

lastbesthope

Mongoose
The VCD used to be War level, and putting Sheridan on board would cost an extra Raid point.

What happens now if we put him on the new Armageddon VCD, and will Sheridan be useable on the WS gunship and carrier? Presumably putting him on such a War vessel would mean it cost an Armageddon point?

LBH

1 hole, and technically not in the FAQ which is more about clarifying and clearing up stuff already asked, more of an unseen consequence of uprating the VCD.

LBH

same could apply to other leaders too, obviously my own leader, G'Sten is dead by the time the KaBinTak hit the spacelanes, but not sure about others. I think upgrading a Warship to armageddon would be a high price to pay for a leader, maybe costing a raid point would be fairer. admitedly, off the top of my head i forget how it worked in the other ships. Did this not come up in playtesting?

The cost was always moving the ship up a PL. When you were putting your character on a war PL ship you paid an extra raid point since there was no higher PL. Now there is, so a leader on a war ship would cost an armageddon point. Expensive, but them's the breaks.

But that kinda breaks the sense of putting them there.

Id rather have another beatstick, than a beatstick with a flag.

Yes you dont have to uuse them, but then you prolly wouldnt need them in the game at all.

Its like having Havens in the Centauri starter box........

Just another problem with the PL system, isn't it? In BFG, fleet admirals cost points, then they're assigned to a ship in the fleet. Without a points value for things you have to try to shoe-horn these concepts into the PL system.

Dont start that discussion please.....

I still have nightmares from the last.

BTW Id prefer points for ease of balancing ships. Id love to have some ships between priorities. Tertius and G'Quonth most on my mind.

Lord David the Denied said:
Just another problem with the PL system, isn't it? In BFG, fleet admirals cost points, then they're assigned to a ship in the fleet. Without a points value for things you have to try to shoe-horn these concepts into the PL system.

enough with the points thing allready!

Anyway, you can still charge for commanders under the current system

e.g. Charge a Skirmish FAP for a +1 command bonus, Raid FAP for a +2 command bonus, etc. and assign the officer to whatever ship you want. BTW, the values aren't important but the fact is that you can do this if you really wanted to with the current system.

/snicker
yer balancing points
/snicker

Currenlty a good 10% of ACTA ships are not playable due to simply being underpowered or rather overpriced.

The difference is only cosmetic. The only advantage is that it is a more elegant system.
The disadvantage is that there is no in between. There is no ship between a Battle G'Quan and a War Bin'Tak. Its either a battleship or a Cruiser. Theres no heavy cruiser or battlecruiser to thrown around. The G'Quonth tried but is everything BUT a good ship.
Same goes for the Tertius, but that one at least has the grace to stay at battle to be simply too good not to take.
Both ships are about the same in power, yet you get 2 Tertius for a single G'Quonth......
Balancing ship power has to be done by tweaking the ships themselves with priority. I a points system, youd simply adjust the points up or down.

BAHHH and i didnt even want to start this discussion......
All i wanted to say is; i dont care about the actual system ACTA uses.
But as long as ACTA stays unbalance in its current form, i can always grab the i can win button of "2Tertius(or)1Octurion plus Prefects fleet" at 5 point battle.

prefects are a far from I win fleet, no rear firepower, not very good turning, all you need to do is jump in behind, take down the few ships that do have rear firepower and you win.

Back