Armageddon 2089. Custom Mek Construction Question.

Hello,
I have read the rule book + the Errata pdf. but I am unable to find a list or table relating to Movement Power rating. I have built a Mek with speed 30, How do I work out the Power Rating for it's movement ?
My other problem is Mek Movement, the pre-built mek's list speed with an *m* is this Metre's or Mile's ?
Lastly, Is there a website with pdf's avaible for Armageddon 2089 ? or it's expansion's ? I own Soldier's Companion + Armoured Companies. I am looking to purchase or download the remaining Expansion's (It took me over 8 week's to get ahold of the two mentioned book's.)
Thank you for your time.
Benjamin Davis.

Hi there,

I knew the answers to your question on base speed had been worked out as I knew I had wondered.

The base speed is gotten from the table on P. 195 as you probably already know. the formula for Power points for all movement actionas is on P. 95 Table 6.1

Movement is all in m, I am fairly sure. I know Vehicle s peeds are given in m, and I doubt a Mek can move that many miles in a round.

I can't help on the download front. Try e-mailing Mongoose directly to see if they know a site that sells it. See here for contact details:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/contact.php

Hope I have been of some help.

LBH

Hello,
Thank you for your timely reply/response. I took your advise and emailed Mongoose about the Armageddon 2089 expansion's, But I havent recieved a reply + I did an Ebay search + Google/Yahoo search, All I turn up are review's aimed at crtizing the game.

On another note, I finished my Mech, will post stat's when I have a little more time... and lastly, the speed 'm' mean's metre's I assume ?. and the weapon my mech has mounted is a 200mmRailgun, Kinetik, Do I have to purchase ammo ? or is the *ton* of ammo last longer then a single shot ? (Eg : Fire one ton of ammo, Load up next round another ton of ammo... or one ton of ammo last's more then a single round ? (eg - 4 round's of combat).

Thank you for your time.

ipex_rec4_scout said:
the speed 'm' mean's metre's I assume ?.

yes, speed is expressed as a number of meters per round. There is also a table for converting to kilometers per hour.

ipex_rec4_scout said:
the weapon my mech has mounted is a 200mmRailgun, Kinetik, Do I have to purchase ammo ? or is the *ton* of ammo last longer then a single shot ? (Eg : Fire one ton of ammo, Load up next round another ton of ammo... or one ton of ammo last's more then a single round ? (eg - 4 round's of combat).

When you install a weapon (except rockets, missiles and a couple others) the hard point requirement includes space for one ton of ammo. You can carry more ammo if you dedicate the hard points to it's storage. The main table for weapon stats includes an entry for the number of rounds per ton (or for rapid fire weapons the number of bursts).

Let's assume you have a weapon that has 30 shots per ton of ammo.
You can allocate up to one ton of ammo at no additional hard point cost.
As long as you have hard points available on the same location or an adjacent one (i.e. arm and torso if weapon on arm) you can add storage but it also adds to the total mass of the mek.
Since ammo is also expensive for some weapons, or you have limited payload, you may choose to carry less than a ton of ammo.

--
Lane

ipex_rec4_scout said:
Hello,
Thank you for your timely reply/response. I took your advise and emailed Mongoose about the Armageddon 2089 expansion's, But I havent recieved a reply

It's the weekend dude, just chill. Saturday is not a work day, and the Open Day, at which attendance was optional, was keeping the few staff there busy.

Lane Shutt said:
ipex_rec4_scout said:
the speed 'm' mean's metre's I assume ?.

yes, speed is expressed as a number of meters per round. There is also a table for converting to kilometers per hour.

My bad, meant to type metres, but my brain enforced the shorthand unintentionally.

LBH

Back