Anyone have info on B5 unreleased models?

mckay3129

Mongoose
Hello all!

In searching through the archives here on the Mongoose forums, I've seen a number of references to the fact that Mongoose must've sold a casting of the Neroon and Brivoki on ebay a few years back.

eBay does not keep archives available for that far back. Does anyone have the info from those listings? I was curious about the pics mainly-if it showed component parts or whatnot. It'd also be interesting to see what they went for.

Thanks!

I'm sure Matt will tell you, but I'm sure one of them was about 60 quid? Not the best designed models we ever saw though aside from a lack of detal, the neroon was a good concept.
my views on the Brivoki annot be repeated.

Hello,

I found these pictures while doing a search. I recognize most, nemesis, Adira, Neroon, Brivoki, etc. but there is a large ship in the middle. Any thoughts on what it ould be?

The image was posted on a German language BBS. A quick google translate indicates this must've been a mongoose display somewhere, back in 2006ish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 4,978
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 4,978
It's quite different from the G'Vrahns I have. It's really big, quite ugly and weird.

Haha.....I don't quite get how they could classify this as a fast cruiser. It's larger than the Adira! More like a death wedge, if you ask me!

I assume this was a prototype model, and never released for public consumption?

Chris

The models aren't all to the same scale, especially between different races. Originally the G'Quan had 55 damage points and the G'Vrahn had 80; if size is a factor in determining damage points then the G'Vrahn had to be significantly bigger than the G'Quan. It is faster than the G'Quan (and Bin'Tak), with speed 8.

P&P reduced the G'Vrahn's damage points while significantly increasing the G'Quan's. The G'Vrahn now has 75 and the G'Quan has 70. So in "reality" the G'Vrahn is not that much bigger than the G'Quan, though it is faster. Though the smaller production model went on sale before P&P was written, it does better depict the revised ship.

goldenrider said:
I think that the narn ships is the Ka bin tak prototipe published in the apocalipse book .

Nope the pics above are definitely the original concept / prototype mini for the G'Vrahn. I like that design a lot, not right for the G'Vrahn perhaps, as discussed, but as an advanced heavy cruiser.

The Ka Bin Tak protoype had large spiky fins on the top as I remember. Will see if I can find a pic.

Edit - there you go, best I can do on short notice. have a good pic on file at home but below gives you an idea

Back