B5 Fleet Game

Knowing Bruce as I do....I doubt if it would take him very long to start producing molds for renewed production. The real problem was always getting the first carved version crafted (wether by hand carved or machine printed). From there the mold would be pretty easy to produce (all this is based on observations and no real knowledge of spinnning pewter figures).

--- Rich

lastbesthope said:
Steve said:
Will Mongoose be producing minis (I'd imagine the AoG moulds are still kicking about :wink: )?

If not, why? Games like this demand groovy minis to drool over...

(fond hope of owning a Victory Class Destroyer mini one day, not the scratch built monstrosity I produced)

Sorry to let your hopes down Steve but I've read in other parts of theforum that AoG had to destroy their moulds when their licence ran out.

Pity . . .

Lastbesthope

It wouldn't surprise me if that had been the case. Precedence (makers of the B5 CCG) were given a cease, desist, and disposal order in June 2001, when their licence ran out/expired/was terminated.

Still, we live in hope.... :wink:

Chobbly

rbax said:
Knowing Bruce as I do....I doubt if it would take him very long to start producing molds for renewed production. The real problem was always getting the first carved version crafted (wether by hand carved or machine printed). From there the mold would be pretty easy to produce (all this is based on observations and no real knowledge of spinnning pewter figures).

--- Rich

I suppose it depends how the game sells, but the trade knowledge and expertise is certainly there...

By the way, I always used your SCSs when playing B5W. Made my life a lot easier.

First off: Is this gonna be a miniatures based war game (Warhammer and the like) or a supplement to make space combat an interactive part of the existing rpg game?

I am a big fan of rpgs but I am not a wargamer. I liked the FASA Star Trek rpg because their was an interactive space combat system. It was fun to use and I never really had problems with it. If the system adds an interesting element to space combat in the rpg than great, otherwise I will not use it.

If it is a miniatures based war game I have no real opinion. Just pay attention to those who enjoy war games and keep 'em happy, just like you are doing with your RPG.

Just my 2 cents.

From what he has said so far, the game will be a stand alone table top game. They haven't desided if they will have minis or just "tokens" for the ships(in the origanal box). The game will have its own system, it will not be the D20 system.

This is what I have gotten from the info so far, Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Shalazar
Rule number 1.) Shalazar is always right...
Rule number 2.) If Shalazar is ever wrong, refer back to rule number 1.

Back