Any word on the new CTA background?

Poi

Mongoose
I thought we might have heard something by now. Is it another licence, or an original setting?

Or has something been announced that I've missed?

You've not missed anything. There's a healthy discussion/speculation in the thread on the Sleeping in Light weekend but no confirmation and in any case, no contract has been signed yet, even if Mongoose has had ideas/discussions.

That's a real shame. If Mongoose don't get a move on and announce something soon, they'll lose people to Firestorm Armada from Spartan Games.

The Aquans look like the fleet I'll be getting for that.
Aquan.jpg

Poi said:

Interesting, since I haven't yet got around to building a Hyach fleet, think I will use these. certainly look advanced enough. Thanks for the heads up Poi.

yup, a step on from their high seas game, apparantly a very fun game to play.

Kickaha said:
Poi said:

Interesting, since I haven't yet got around to building a Hyach fleet, think I will use these. certainly look advanced enough. Thanks for the heads up Poi.

Indeed - that seems an excellent idea - the fantasy game looks fun too - credit card time methinks

Just peeped at their site, some of those ships look very nice.

@ Kickaha . Are the rules for Hyach you are thinking of using the ones from the 'War of the league' file that appeared on the forum a while ago?

Banichi said:
@ Kickaha . Are the rules for Hyach you are thinking of using the ones from the 'War of the league' file that appeared on the forum a while ago?

Yep - Katadder's set for Hyach, Cascor, Ipsha, Hurr, Grome.

I am half way through building my Ipsha fleet, now I have a Hyach candidate, probably go onto Cascor after that.

Don't like the FA scale Hyach or Cascor designs

Damn thats a big order at lunchtime going in :oops: - the fantasy game looks really good - The Dragon Lords look v cool and remind me nicely of Melniboneans- one of my fav races from Stormbringer. The only ones not keen on are the human ships - may just use the cardboard Pirates for them - depending on the scale.

The space ships are very cool and will be bought -as already suggested will make good Hyach and I think Brakiri ships (pos even Dilgar from one image) for my Dilgar war project :)

Be intersting to see how the space ship game works - the fantasy one at first glance seems to have some similairties to both BFG and ACTA - which is cool :)

Da Boss said:
- the fantasy game looks really good - As an old MOW player, (& my collection apparently still accruing value nicely)
Always meant to buy into this game, since Court Jester's previous post several months ago, but have just not got around to it. Don't like resin too much either. But agree the Dragon lords sculpts look great

The space ships are very cool and will be bought -as already suggested will make good Hyach and I think Brakiri ships (pos even Dilgar from one image) for my Dilgar war project :) This was certainly my first thought as well.

Be intersting to see how the space ship game works - the fantasy one at first glance seems to have some similairties to both BFG and ACTA - which is cool :)

Looks like MOW was the common ancester then for all of these :D .

The fantasy Naval game is excellent, fast play, brutal, clean easy rules. The models are all very nice and the fleet packs are a bargain at £14-£28 depending on the race.

Far better than MOW in my opinion, nowhere near as much book keeping.

The game engine will be the same for the space based game according to the designers.

Court Jester's painting once again outshines anything else!

stupid internet just fouled up my order and now and Idon't know if it wnet through or not......emailed them to try and find out :cry:

Spoke to nice lady there and she srted out very quickly - nice to find good customer service as well :)

the Terran ships from Firestorm Armada could make nice Farscape peacekeeper ships or B5 Belt Allaince.... couldnt see any info on the rules.

yep, I've been keeping an eye out for this for a while..and still we wait!
I have the Iron dwarf fleet but used it for MOW...minis are very nice!
I'm looking to put a big order in and start running a few games with the SR at aldershot as soon as firestorm armada becomes available.
Thinking ahead that this will be a good game to get into as it mirrors ACTA
UK supplier so support for UK stores and players, possibly also a nice game for INTER CLUB tournies!
maybe a little bit more fleet/nation background and a few other fleets...could do very well for Salute next year as nothing else bar star trek would get noticed...
always remember the last salute b4 it moved to EXCEL was a biggie for starship troopers being released, lately shows have lacked a big new game to generate interest

Back