Any iphone apps you use for Traveller

leprecon

Mongoose
Hi all

Just a stab in the dark have now got an iphone and done the sad continual download of rubbish, will I ever use the spirit level lol. Anyway anyone use or know of any apps that you can use for Traveller?

LepRecon

I use Dice Bag which is a dice rolling app (obviously really) and I use Good Reader which is a great document reader. It handles amongst others really large pdfs, I have a large chunk of my Traveller material on my phone as pdfs and this app will work with them all (great for reading on my long commute to work). It even works with the large Mongoose sector maps, its still gives me a buzz seeing a scroll-able Spinward Marches on the screen of my phone.

I would love to see an app similar to the recently posted campaign helper developed for the iphone (and the eventually the ipad) but that is way beyond my skills.

Just to let all you chaps know, our spies and minions have started to pass on tales of an official Traveller iPhone app in the works. . .

msprange said:
official Traveller iPhone app in the works. . .
Excellent, official too. Good news Matt. :D

I have high hopes for the iPad as a gaming tool (though an expensive one) and given that iphone apps should also work on that I think this is definitely the way to go.

Any chance of an Windows Mobile app, as well? I still use seperate phone and PDA (partly so I can keep my cheapy phone with me when I need it and not worry about it being nicked).

I have to admit, the iPad (even though it sounds like a sanitary towel and is an Apple product), does sound like it could be very useful for GMs...

I'm sorry - over-eagerness... :)

BTW are there any officially-sanctioned windows apps for world-making and NPC making? I've looked all over and not found any that aren't ancient (and not modern-windows friendly) - to the point where I'm considering writing my own... except I'd need to finally knuckle down and learn VB to do it.

Thanks for that, Somebody - I've got a Windows mobile 6 PDA though, so I'll be aiming for my own use initially.

Beech said:
I have high hopes for the iPad as a gaming tool (though an expensive one) and given that iphone apps should also work on that I think this is definitely the way to go.

Me too. My mom bought one and I've been playing with it. I'm going to get something like it by July, and I'll probably just get an iPad unless either the HP Slate or Notion Ink ADAM turn out to be really special. The German WePad also has potential.

Back