Another Character Sheet

Quire

Mongoose
Not to detract from Malakor's rather brilliant sheet, but I fancied a go at reworking the one Mongoose posted, so here's the front:

http://quire.blyrg.com/RQcharsheet_Quire1.pdf

Comments please! Typo alerts, etc. And if it's liked enough, I'll sort the back out too.

And obviously this will evolve after seeing the rulebook and during play, too.

Cheers!

- Quire

URL edited to CORRECTED VERSION OF v1

Excellent, thanks for the feedback! (Especially Malakor's - us sheet designers have to stick together! :) )

Gbaji...I know what you mean about tables for Hit Locs...but I really just wanted to pay homage to John Sapienza and do it like the legendary RQ2 sheets (hence the thanks on the sheet). Which also explains why Left and Right are the way round they are, even though looking at the numbers, it should logically be reversed - as Malakor has it on his.

A one-sided sheet, a la RQIII, has been talked about. I was looking at the sheet earlier, and reckon I can get a good spell section on there too...as long as I lose the STR+DEX etc stuff on the skills. Anyone actually interested, or would I really be wasting time? :)

And, should I go ahead and do the back for a double-sided version, too?

- Q

Quire said:
Gbaji...I know what you mean about tables for Hit Locs...but I really just wanted to pay homage to John Sapienza and do it like the legendary RQ2 sheets (hence the thanks on the sheet). Which also explains why Left and Right are the way round they are, even though looking at the numbers, it should logically be reversed - as Malakor has it on his.
Oh, it's not a bother, and I may have come across more critical than I intended - if so, my apologies. I like the idea of the Sapienza homage, and you know, I never really noticed the Left/Right thing before. :lol:

Quire said:
A one-sided sheet, a la RQIII, has been talked about. I was looking at the sheet earlier, and reckon I can get a good spell section on there too...as long as I lose the STR+DEX etc stuff on the skills. Anyone actually interested, or would I really be wasting time? :)
One-sided might be making things a bit too tight. Your's is very fine and looking the part as it is. The right mixture of simplicity and style. Maybe getting the STR + DEX stuff in a smaller font underneath the associated skill names might be a way forward to make room, so that you can fit in spells and have all the stuff that's needed more often on the first page then.

Quire said:
And, should I go ahead and do the back for a double-sided version, too?

- Q
By all means, do.

I like the sheet! This is more the style that I would use.

Noticed something, you have Basic Close Combat as Dex and Basic Ranged as Str + Dex, but it should be the other way around.

I would agree with getting rid of the Stats after the skills. After you make the character, you will never need them again (I think).

Also, I noticed you included skill check boxes. I hope they are actually needed. :D

I would like to see a back side as well!

Thanks, LT!

Nice one on the DEX/STR+DEX call. Gonna put that right now.

As for the skill check boxes...yeah, I was kinda hoping so too! :)

- Q

The CORRECTED sheet (v1) now up at:

http://quire.blyrg.com/RQcharsheet_Quire1.pdf

Thanks, Lord Twig!

NB I've changed the URL in the top post, and the old, incorrect v1 has been deleted.

Cheers,

- Q

Nice sheet. I am wondering why Mongoose did not hire you or Malakor for making these things. :)

I am just joking. The graphical quality of the rest of the previews is quite good.

Nice sheet, much better than the original by Mongoose.

Looks like we will have some options to choose from, even before the game is released.

Here's the back:

http://quire.blyrg.com/RQcharsheet_Quire1_BACK.pdf

Comments welcome, of course.

BTW, figure I'll hold off on any attempt at a useful one-sided sheet until I've seen the game in action! :)

- Q

Very Nicely done, Quire. I like a clean, easy to read sheet, even if my sheets say otherwise. I will offer my players their choice of your sheet or mine (and will lay odds that it will be a pretty even split on the useage :D )

I agree, a nice, clean, usable sheet. I'll use this one unless you make a better one. If people are like our group, you don't need character sheets with a crib on them, after a couple run throughs you can make a character from memory, so it could fit more in easily on page one without them. Neverthe less, very nice work.

DD

[Edit] Dang, I just ran out of ink!

Back