Advanced Jump Point

Is the rules for advanced jump point as written in the rule book to be used as a weapon or as a oops

• Yes--Meant as a weapon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No--JP and AJP are NOT meant as a true weapon

• I don't know

• Total voters
Dodge does work against opening jump points. Interceptors don't work (as clarified in SFOS). Stealth doesn't work because it is an area effect - much like e-mines.

I've had it used against me and find that even though its in the rules its basically cheating. With no real risk you can do damage to your enemies and take a position behind them. The 4 in. radius is far too large and it doesn't add anything to the fun of the game when you can damage your opponent and they can't do anything about it.

It can't be cheating if it's in the rules! :roll:

It may not be fair or sporting or even true to the background (insert argument here about rare use of said tactic) but it IS within the rules of the game

StarcrusherInc. said:
With no real risk you can do damage to your enemies

Using the jump point lost me some games in the GenCon Indy tournament - especially versus the Narn and Drazi...my ships came in and things were so tight, I couldn't maneuver my ships like I wanted while using the jump point to damage things. The next round all of their ships were outside of my main fire arcs.

All this after causing only slight damage to their ships. It's annoying to face it, but not broken/cheating.

Finally I found a rule noone can clarify !
:)

So I repeat my question !

Does, a ship who is opening a JG has an OBLIGATION to use it ???

In fact I have a friend using his ships to open 6 JG at first turn
Second turn another ship open a new JG and all those ships enter map at start of the third turn
:-(

I am playing Minnbar fleet but I don't like that kind of tactic

I f I can choose I won t use JG that way but...if other do it I will follow
:-(

Greg ? I think you are wrong
Could you show me where you red that dodge is working against JG
I never saw any Nial surviving such an area attack
Area attack = no dodge !

Elessar said:
Does, a ship who is opening a JG has an OBLIGATION to use it ???
No.

I can't remember the exact wording of the rule, but it's something like "If the ship generating the Jump Point does not pass through it within 3 Turns, the Jump Point will close".

The mere fact that this is an 'if' means it is not obligatory.

Wulf

Elessar said:
Greg ? I think you are wrong
Could you show me where you red that dodge is working against JG
I never saw any Nial surviving such an area attack
Area attack = no dodge !

Have you SFOS? it lists a number of changes to weapons which no longer allow dodge or interceptors etc
Jump points are not listed and therefore you CAN still dodge them, until a written rule appears saying otherwise that is the case.

Been at both the official tournaments and that's the way Matt and the guys were ruling it too.

I wasn t there :)

That s why we try to get help here
:D

So fighters can dodge JG
That s great, that will help me to save my Nials !

Back