ACTA Starfleet AAR: Klingons vs Feds 2000 pts

kyrolon

Mongoose
Hello again. In an effort to get caught up on the early January flood of gaming, here's the third game of ACTA Starfleet we got in.

http://www.goingaming.blogspot.com/2014/01/training-sim-011914-acta-battle-report_25.html

I hope you enjoy.

Are you guys sticking with the current version of the A Call to Arms: Star Fleet rule set for the time being, or have there been any thoughts of looking into some of the proposed changes being talked about for the 1.2 revision over on the ADB BBS?

If there are any comments or observations on how your games have been going, or how some of the new proposals might alter your group's approach to the game system overall, I'm sure they'd be welcome to the discussion. Plus now would be a good time to get involved, if you didn't want to wait until after things were fully locked into place.

I've offered our "services" to Tony T as playtesters, but it seems for now they are keeping everything a little closer to home. I posted some observations from this game on the Fans of Call to Arms Facebook page, and Tony commented that they decided the changes we used were too powerful. I'd disagree. I've also been following the discussion on the BBS, but there hasn't been anything new or interesting posted there in a while.

In other words, I am willing and able to participate, but for the time being the playtesters seem to be confined to the Tennessee gang. Hopefully they plan a "beta" phase where they solicit input from the rest of us. Otherwise I am afraid it will just take things a different direction, but be just as flawed due to a narrow group of playtesters.

For now our group is playing mostly as written, but have started experimenting with some Fighter rules, and some changes to the holes we see in them.

Actually, there are 6 different groups play testing.
Alaska, Missouri, Atlanta, Tennessee, UK, Oklahoma.

I'm in the process of re-drafting the entire set to include all changes / suggestions made to date.

Once the beta set is ready - I will be looking for another group or two to play and report. And I do have a certain group ( :wink: ) in mind to ask first.

Thank you, Tony. That's very reassuring. I'll admit the thing that most concerned me was the relative silence on the BBS. If I'm worried some others probably are as well. Maybe time for a little more of an update?

scoutdad said:
Actually, there are 6 different groups play testing.
Alaska, Missouri, Atlanta, Tennessee, UK, Oklahoma.

I'm in the process of re-drafting the entire set to include all changes / suggestions made to date.

Once the beta set is ready - I will be looking for another group or two to play and report. And I do have a certain group ( :wink: ) in mind to ask first.

Woo - Hoo!

Nice bat rep. Some mates and I have been messing around with proposed rule changes as well.They seem to fix a few of the common gripes with the current system.

Back