ACTA Fighter Launching

Locutus9956

Mongoose
The rules state you cannot launch fighters when performing a special action.

Does this mean when a ship is ACTUALLY on a special action or on a turn when one is ATTEMPTED.

ie. A ship tries 'Scramble! Scramble!' If it succeeds it can launch one aditional flight of fighters.

If the crew quality check is failed can the ship still launch its normal amount of fighters or is it unable to launch ANY fighters as it attempted a special action?

I personally believe the later makes more sense as otherwise 'scramble scramble' is a bit too much of a 'no brainer' but I could be wrong.

That's different. I always thought you had to abide by the restrictions of a failed SA even if you didnt succeed.

At least that's the case with turn/speed restrictions, etc.
(Or I think it is....)

lastbesthope said:
Interesting ruling, I'll need to remember that one.

Will it be in the Armageddon FAQ?
It will be/is. That's the first place I saw it. I had a "Huh?" moment myself... certainly speeds up deployment in many cases! Low CQ ships will end up deploying fighters faster than high-CQ ones :lol:

Wulf

Wulf Corbett said:
lastbesthope said:
Interesting ruling, I'll need to remember that one.

Will it be in the Armageddon FAQ?
It will be/is. That's the first place I saw it. I had a "Huh?" moment myself... certainly speeds up deployment in many cases! Low CQ ships will end up deploying fighters faster than high-CQ ones :lol:

Wulf

Yeah I had al;ways assumed, since a failed attempt at an sA usually limits you, that you wouldn't be able to launch fighters, even if you had failed the SA check.

LBH

I`ve always taken a failed scramble roll to mean that you still launch fighters as usual, just that your ship`s crew fail to clear their decks any quicker. I don`t see this as an all or nothing type SA like silent running and as such have always thought it needed to be made an exception.

So in Armageddon, if a Vorlon attempts to Come About but fails, it still gets the charged energy pulse?

I would assume so, given the text: "...a Vorlon ship that is not performing a special action...". Since the CQ fails, the Vorlon is not performing a special action, so it gets the charged energy pulse... right?

Anonymous said:
I`ve always taken a failed scramble roll to mean that you still launch fighters as usual, just that your ship`s crew fail to clear their decks any quicker.

I believe Scramble Scramble's wording specifically says that.

Lorcan Nagle said:
I believe Scramble Scramble's wording specifically says that.

Nope, but M<atthew has stated previously that if you fail the roll for an SA you don't get the benefits but don't suffer the limitations. I think the exception to this being "Run Silent" which explicitly states that the restrictions still apply.

LBH

Back