A suggestion for the Forum

Doghouse

Mongoose
Hi guys! :)

Before I go any further I just want to highlight the point that this is not intended as a flame, purely an observation as an experienced wargamer and long term poster on numerous forums.
Would it be possible to get together a "welcome wagon" made up of experienced posters here on SST who can help outsiders to fit in.
Please don't take this the wrong way guys but speaking as a relative outsider myself to the forums it is very "clicky" in here with lots of in jokes and comments that leave the rest of use a little bewildered.
It would do wonders to promote the SST community to see people posting feedback on peoples ideas, helping them to develop them or just pointing them in the right direction and should increase the population of the board.
Perhaps even an "introduce yourself" sticky might be an idea?
Like I said this isn't intended to be insulting, just an observation on my part. :)

***runs and hides behind sofa*** :shock:

Doghouse said:
Hi guys! :)

Before I go any further I just want to highlight the point that this is not intended as a flame, purely an observation as an experienced wargamer and long term poster on numerous forums.
Would it be possible to get together a "welcome wagon" made up of experienced posters here on SST who can help outsiders to fit in.
Please don't take this the wrong way guys but speaking as a relative outsider myself to the forums it is very "clicky" in here with lots of in jokes and comments that leave the rest of use a little bewildered.
It would do wonders to promote the SST community to see people posting feedback on peoples ideas, helping them to develop them or just pointing them in the right direction and should increase the population of the board.
Perhaps even an "introduce yourself" sticky might be an idea?
Like I said this isn't intended to be insulting, just an observation on my part. :)

***runs and hides behind sofa*** :shock:

I think thats a great idea, upon saying that I welcome new people with open arms.

Well I always liked the idea of people doing a post to say hi when they join and ask any questions they may have (without misrable old gits telling them to read through three hundred posts to find the answer themselves :roll:). At least then they have a chance to soak up a couple of the in jokes and catchphrases and maybe even make a friend or two.
Infact I gotta say I think an introduce yourself sticky is an excelent idea!

MaxSteiner said:
Well I always liked the idea of people doing a post to say hi when they join and ask any questions they may have (without misrable old gits telling them to read through three hundred posts to find the answer themselves :roll:). At least then they have a chance to soak up a couple of the in jokes and catchphrases and maybe even make a friend or two.
Infact I gotta say I think an introduce yourself sticky is an excelent idea!

HI MAX

:D

On four we break out the paddles.

On the Privateer press they have a board purely for this, and it is excellent I think.

Call it the Hazing board.

Also, friend groups and ohter user groups on the site would be cool.

I don't post too often, but I'm lurking around, feel free to ask any questions you want of me. Always glad to have new ones on this forum, welcome.

cravon said:
Hi im told i have a problem. i don't know what it is but i told i have one :(

I to like the idea btw :D

Hi Cravon, don't worry about it too much - we all have the same problem here! :D

Back