A simple G'Quan poll!

Does the "revised" G'Quan still suck?

• Yes, like a hoover!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's fine!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hiffano said:
I watched the episode where sheridan went up against the shadows offensively for the first time. when he asked for volounteers, and G'Kar said the G'Toc was the only ship powerful enough for the mission... a mission which involved a Sharlin i will remind you.... then you look at the game g'quan and laugh!

That is one of the things that has always bothered me. The show mentions that the G'Toc was the only ship powerful enough (I think the Sharlins were technically busy at the time) then you see it come in blazing with its lasers. So what happens? In two editions of the game the G'Quans are given some of the weakest main-battery lasers in the game (boresight AND low AD going from a mighty 3 to 4 in this edition).

The Omega on the other hand is almost always shown using its pulse batteries and rarely its lasers, yet it is given a more powerful laser than the G'Quan. :roll:

Tzarevitch

Tzarevitch said:
The Omega on the other hand is almost always shown using its pulse batteries and rarely its lasers, yet it is given a more powerful laser than the G'Quan. :roll:

Tzarevitch

It's a Centauri plot! :)

Regards,

Dave

My Good Dear Friend - we are too busy enjoying ourselves to plot against you - perhaps the Minbari............or perhaps the well know Narn bitterness and bile is choking them too much to design decent ships.

However I can't really say the present G'Quon is any kind of a threat to well, anyone - amusing but true...............certainly not a match for the Omega - never mind our glorious Primus, Laiti or Dargan or Great Maker persuade you to attack them - the Minbari Tinashi.

Lots of good ideas on the forum - well better ones than the present non fix anyway............... :wink:

Tzarevitch said:
Thinking about it, don't we even see the Omega's firing pulse shots from the heavy laser mount? It would tie in quite nicely with the idea of the pulse/laser arrays being discussed for the broadsides - make the Omega's boresight weapon a heavy pulse/laser emitter.

Edit: Before anyone starts complaining that I'm asking for a boost to the Omega, it wouldn't have to be. I'd be quite happy for the laser mode to be weakened if the pulse mode for the boresight weapon was the primary choice and the laser was a secondary choice.

Da Boss said:
However I can't really say the present G'Quon is any kind of a threat to well, anyone - amusing but true...............

I vote for a rename - the G'Kak seems to fit quite well! :)

Regards,

Dave

Just saw the entry in the rpg Ships of the galaxy and the present ACTA G'Quon is way overgunned! :shock: :roll: Only good thing is its above average armour - it has no side guns and pittifully weak beam! IIRC 2 shots at 45 damage each whereas the Primus beams alone are 6 attacks at 60 each! Also its half the size of a Primus? :?

but then the ship / fighter stats make very little sense!

Ships armour ranges from 16-54 - the Nova is the best armoured young ship in the book - twice the armour of a Warlock X! but its guns can't scratch most ships doing 20 odd damge.

A Rutarian has 40 damage gun and a Vorlon fighter has the same gun as the Destroyer!

all very very odd - however there are a number of ship ideas/ variants that would work well in P+P............

Back