A New Edition of Traveller

I've not been here for a looooong time. Therefore, this took me by complete surprise. Makes me laugh a bit when I remember the number of times you said you'd never ever redo the core rule book. :D Still, sounds interesting and promising. Hive proofreading is very welcome also. I'll have a go at adapting my combat flowchart for the new rules if you're interested.

I'm currently running a bi-weekly Traveller campaign - about half way through the Secrets of the Ancients campaign - so is it possible to playtest/integrate new rules on the fly?

TrippyHippy said:
I'm currently running a bi-weekly Traveller campaign - about half way through the Secrets of the Ancients campaign - so is it possible to playtest/integrate new rules on the fly?

That is kinda my question as well. But so long as the base task system hasn't changed to terribly much it probably won't be much of a change.

Awwwww..... I was hoping there would be a print product I could buy.

What sort of pricing are we talking for the finished (printed) product?
Will there be an A5 softcover like Legend has?

Not on Drive Thru yet :cry:

Any news on how it will affect any of the spinoff products (e.g. 2300AD, Judge Dredd etc.) ?
Sorry - just re-read the previous posts and found that answered already. Oops.

DW

TrippyHippy said:

I don't think you will have many issues changing the rules mid-campaign...

Is there a timeframe on this? I want to pick it up today and have time to read it over before my session tonight (UK time).

Zip file (there are lots of goodies) being put together right now, along with final checks.

Couple of hours, maybe :)

Okay, we are now at the point where I am looking at things and saying 'you know, it would be really cool if we did X, Y and Z.'

Just seen some funky graphical tweaks we can do on the free adventure. Graphics people now starting to consider open rebellion.

msprange said:
Just seen some funky graphical tweaks we can do on the free adventure. Graphics people now starting to consider open rebellion.

Toy with us some more, why don't you... :wink:

No announcement as yet, but we have put a new post on Planet Mongoose in preparation of the new edition. Might be an interesting read as you pass the time waiting for the full upload...

msprange said:

How can they call themselves "graphics people" and not be used to last minute "tweaks"? 8) And yes, I will rue that comment... probably sometime later today. :roll:

Meanwhile I probably need to make a bank deposit...

TrippyHippy said:
Gah....sometimes it's hard living in NZ wen you have to wait up past midnight.....

Dude, You live in New Zealand. I'll trade you my New Jersey for that. I'll wait until into the night for new RPG PDFs for ... being in New Zealand.

dmccoy1693 said:
TrippyHippy said:
Gah....sometimes it's hard living in NZ wen you have to wait up past midnight.....

Dude, You live in New Zealand. I'll trade you my New Jersey for that. I'll wait until into the night for new RPG PDFs for ... being in New Zealand.

You wouldn't say that if you knew what the NZ dollar is worth - even our puny Australian dollar is worth more at the moment. Roleplaying books are *expensive* down under - between the exchange rate and the shipping costs it can be brutal. Having Traveller in full-colour hardcovers is fantastic, but I shudder to think of the cost. I was hoping we'd get them in the digest size pioneered by Legend as that has proven to be incredibly convenient, but I suppose that's not happening after all.

The move to the Trojan Reach is interesting and places the recent level of interest we've seen in the Borderlands into context. It's a smart move - much I love the Spinward Marches, so much material has been published for that region and the Solomani Rim it's hard to do anything new.

Back