A few questions.

Foxworthy

Mongoose
I saw mention of a feat called Rapid Reload, where is this feat located?

Does Lightning Reflexes add to Initiative?

Readied Against A Charge says that spears and other piercing weapons do double damage against a charge but for spears it isn't noted on the weapon charts. And if this is an over sight would an Pike do the double damage as well?
 

Trodax

Mongoose
foxworthy said:
I saw mention of a feat called Rapid Reload, where is this feat located?
The feat is from D&D, but hasn't appeared in Conan (I think, don't have the book in front of me). Can't remember what the rules for reloading crossbows in Conan are (same as in D&D?), so I can't really say if it would be appropriate to import the feat or not. Anyway, here is the feat description:

SRD said:
RAPID RELOAD [GENERAL]
Choose a type of crossbow (hand, light, or heavy).
Prerequisite: Weapon Proficiency (crossbow type chosen).
Benefit: The time required for you to reload your chosen type of crossbow is reduced to a free action (for a hand or light crossbow) or a move action (for a heavy crossbow). Reloading a crossbow still provokes an attack of opportunity.
If you have selected this feat for hand crossbow or light crossbow, you may fire that weapon as many times in a full attack action as you could attack if you were using a bow.
Normal: A character without this feat needs a move action to reload a hand or light crossbow, or a full-round action to reload a heavy crossbow.
Special: You can gain Rapid Reload multiple times. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of crossbow.
A fighter may select Rapid Reload as one of his fighter bonus feats.

foxworthy said:
Does Lightning Reflexes add to Initiative?
I posed this question to the Rulesmasters a while back. Here's the answer I got:

Rulesmasters said:
Q: Is it the entire Reflex Save or just the Base Reflex Save that's added to Initiative? I understand that Dex bonus shouldn't be added twice, but am unsure as to whether things such as the feat Lightning Reflexes or the Shemite racial ability (-1 to saves) should affect Initiative.

A: Only the Base Reflex save from the class is added. No Reflex modifiers are applied
Actually though, in my game I have ignored this ruling. I play it as Initiative=Total Reflex save.

foxworthy said:
Readied Against A Charge says that spears and other piercing weapons do double damage against a charge but for spears it isn't noted on the weapon charts. And if this is an over sight would an Pike do the double damage as well?
My guess is that at least pikes deal double damage, for hunting spears, I don't know.
In D&D, spears, longspears, halberds and tridents all deal double damage when set against a charge. Don't know if that helps.
 

René

Mongoose
foxworthy said:
I saw mention of a feat called Rapid Reload, where is this feat located?

A few weeks ago I saw at a middle ages event several "original" crossbows in use. From this experience I understand why this feat isn't included in CONAN: it just takes time.
 

Trodax

Mongoose
René said:
A few weeks ago I saw at a middle ages event several "original" crossbows in use. From this experience I understand why this feat isn't included in CONAN: it just takes time.
You're probably right on that. Firing every round with a heavy crossbow is quite fast.
 
Trodax said:
foxworthy said:
Does Lightning Reflexes add to Initiative?
I posed this question to the Rulesmasters a while back. Here's the answer I got:

Rulesmasters said:
Q: Is it the entire Reflex Save or just the Base Reflex Save that's added to Initiative? I understand that Dex bonus shouldn't be added twice, but am unsure as to whether things such as the feat Lightning Reflexes or the Shemite racial ability (-1 to saves) should affect Initiative.

A: Only the Base Reflex save from the class is added. No Reflex modifiers are applied
Actually though, in my game I have ignored this ruling. I play it as Initiative=Total Reflex save.

That is at variance with what I was told way back when I started writing the Conan material and asked the same question. I include Lightning Reflexes to Initiative.
 

Foxworthy

Mongoose
René said:
foxworthy said:
I saw mention of a feat called Rapid Reload, where is this feat located?

A few weeks ago I saw at a middle ages event several "original" crossbows in use. From this experience I understand why this feat isn't included in CONAN: it just takes time.

Well the feat is mentioned in Hyboria's Fiercest in the Iranistani crossbow style which is why I was wondering about it.

As for the Reflex save, do you just use Reflex save plus IMproved Int if applicable or just use Lightning Reflexes as a bonus and not worry about racial penalties to the save?

I know the Pocket Edition states that it's only the base save but from reading Hyboria Fiercest I could see Vincent uses Lighnting Reflexes which prompted the question.
 
Top