2nd Printing

emirikol

Mongoose
I'm hoping that in a 2nd printing, a lot of the little errors will be corrected. How many copies must be sold before a 2nd printing would be done?

jh

With you there pal. Looking forward to owning the book, but not with the number of typos and errors that have been revealed in the first printing. No way

- Longsword

Anonymous said:
With you there pal. Looking forward to owning the book, but not with the number of typos and errors that have been revealed in the first printing. No way

- Longsword

Bah! I bought two copies, even with the errors. The errors, while irritating, are not so bad as to prevent me using the book/running the game/setting. The game and setting are just too damn good, and shine through, despite the odd glitch here and there.

Second printings are rare among RPGs, though I admit there is probably a good chance Conan will get one, but I would expect it to take another year or so. In the meantime, I'm not going to deprive myself of the best OGL RPG of 2004. No way! The Conan RPG rocks!!! :D

I must concur, Iron_Chef. The typos and errors are annoying, but the writers obviously knew and cared about the characters and the setting. They've done a good deal of research, and presented a really good game. Any half-decent GM can figure out what needs correcting and just make some fixes himself (or herself, if you're inclined).

I hate the errors and inconsistencies in this book. But it's still so good that I will say this: if there is a second printing, and I have the money to spare, I will happily buy it once more. Hell, I'm happy with the book now, despite the problems. This was clearly a book created by people who cared about the subject matter, not by a company with a license to exploit.

Anonymous said:
How about 2nd printing with a better binding....

Having trouble with it already? Mine seems stout so far, it's a sewn-in hardback binding which is almost always better than the glued-in stuff WotC's gone over to. But for some reason, it just feels delicate, and I don't want to test it with my own personal copy. There being nobody else around willing to let me attempt to destroy their book, I just had to go with the fact that it's actually sewn in.

I can tell mine isn't going to last long already. The Glossy pages and hardback are nice but for $50 US the pages shouldn't fall out.

One of my copies seems sturdy, but the other's spine makes a scary cracking sound whenever I open the book and feels looser than it should. I will be mightily pissed off if the binding on a freakin' $50 book falls apart within months of purchase. :evil:

Iron_Chef said:
One of my copies seems sturdy, but the other's spine makes a scary cracking sound whenever I open the book and feels looser than it should. I will be mightily pissed off if the binding on a freakin' $50 book falls apart within months of purchase. :evil:

Mine feels like your second book, but I've only had it a couple days' time, so nothing's fallen out yet. It would fit the trend though, since the last good OGL book I bought (Midnight) also had trouble staying together. I hope that Mongoose will have some sort of replacement policy should the book come undone, but I hope even more that it stays solid.

I ordered two copies as well, even knowing of the typos ;) I'll buy a new one if a 2nd version comes out, but in RPGs, that usually takes ~3 years.

I have to agree with the binding comment. I bought mine today and from the handling it received in the store, it seems, well not on its last legs but pretty well loved at the moment.

I think this adaptation was done very well. There are so many thrown together RPG's out there and this is not one of them.

Back