2nd american civil war

wow imagin that an army of viking with tradional long boats put on the back of lorries to go over land. :D quirky indeed

Hiromoon said:
Why a 2nd American Civil War?

To have a good civil war you need a large nation that can break up into viable smaller nations. Our only real options are the US, Canada, China and the EU.

The US has a number of ways that it can be divided up and a good balance of forces created. Plus, the war would make for good TV, get great ratings and probably be picked up for two or three more seasons.

Canada has a few options, but there will be no war. Instead, the fate of the nation would be decided in a best two-out-of-three contest of hockey, curling and a drunken brawl.

China has too much concentration of industry to get a good war on. Don't buy the wire-fu movies, the guys with the tanks and guns will win.

The EU would be less a contest of military might and more a contest of who could resist the urge to surrender the longest. My money is on the Dutch.

ok back on trck please.

how would each faction be different ?

i was thinking about normal military colours V black with skulls and fear causing stuff, V battle ship grey maybe or old german camo scheme form late war, maybe done by native americans with pots of paint.

any other ideas ?

Americans advance upon an industrial plant in aim to secure chemical charges.

scout11.jpg

I thought a better caption could be:

"Traffic calming measures in Boston were slightly less than effective"

:)

The EU would be less a contest of military might and more a contest of who could resist the urge to surrender the longest. My money is on the Dutch.

Hmm, only talking about the mainland then? :)

Actually I guess the last "EU Civil War" ended in 1945 :D

Kristovich said:
Well, in a UK civil war you have England, Scotland and Ireland.

Maybe you could have Germany, France and Scandinavi trying to get a share of the cake?

The UK consists of
England, Scotland, northern Ireland, EIRE, Wales, you could even add in the isle of wight (though they have no fighting force as they're too small, they could have a militia force).
If any other countries got invloved, I think we as the UK would re-unite to be honest.

And yes, an ACW would be easier, more land to fight over.
The only 'civil wars' lately have been Britain vs. Ireland, and thats just the Irish beating a dead horse. :roll:

Though some scenarios about it could be fun, but the bleeding IRA always fougt with terrorism (hear about the Manchester bombings? And Birmingham (I think), there was also a car bomb in Cheltenham a few years back)... :?
This countries crazy. :roll:

Rob_alderman said:
Kristovich said:
Well, in a UK civil war you have England, Scotland and Ireland.

Maybe you could have Germany, France and Scandinavi trying to get a share of the cake?

The UK consists of
England, Scotland, northern Ireland, EIRE, Wales, you could even add in the isle of wight (though they have no fighting force as they're too small, they could have a militia force).
If any other countries got invloved, I think we as the UK would re-unite to be honest.

And yes, an ACW would be easier, more land to fight over.
The only 'civil wars' lately have been Britain vs. Ireland, and thats just the Irish beating a dead horse. :roll:

Though some scenarios about it could be fun, but the bleeding IRA always fougt with terrorism (hear about the Manchester bombings? And Birmingham (I think), there was also a car bomb in Cheltenham a few years back)... :?
This countries crazy. :roll:

The Republic of Ireland is not part of the UK. and the IRA in no way represents the will of the Irish people.

lets just avoid all tal of the IRA, they def dont need publicity, and we donr whant searches linking to these pages now do we ?

any way the topic is ACW2

thoughts please, and remeber this is an alternative time line.

For an American civil war you need a truly divisive and unresolvable issue.

Abortion is about as contentious as slavery, as is the desire of some to create a theocracy. I'd think you'd be more likely to see a red/blue, coastal/heartland, urban/rural divide leading to violence and division.

ok here we go

america decided to use the euro as its form of currency, after iran and other states decided to sell oil in euros and no longer dollars, this was an attempt to save the american ecconomy befor the dollar devuled any more.

the estern side of america (united states of north america) acepted the Euro as a currency after much debate, and the fact trade routes with europe were good and europe in return sent aid to help in areas, of financial dificulty.

the west of america, was not so keen on denouncing the traditional $ evan with what the spin doctors said, and china itself had far to many dollars to abandon on the world market, and as far as china trade was good for them in the dollar, a currency about to be abbndoned, so they supported the effort on the texicli federation.

as passion grew high military forces got involved and evan splits within the military formed, the north west alliance is where most of the american army and marines are based and have declared independance from the goverment, and the state is in a form of marchal law, much of the native american are also in this area and provide inpartial people that are willing to replensh the ranks, this state is said to fight for america and its people but tno the goverment or corperations.

the democratic republic of arkham have a large marine force, and defend their borders and at present use the EUro but are happy to change once the rest of the country resolve their issues.

the free city of chicargo, has become the political center of discusion on the resolving of the issues, and is totaly independant and evan maintaines its own forces, for defence.

ulysses corridor, a no mans land all are allowed to cross it but nobody is allowed to attack or be attacked when within this 1 mile wide area. it was created in a bid to keep communications between all factions open.

ok and the map again.
USNATDRAMapPostImpact.GIF

ideas and modifications are welocome, help is always good.

Ok, as a fictional fight I do think that an ACW2 idea is good but don't go so far out with it. It is more conceivable to have a north/south split again lead by Texas seeking independance (they are the home of so many of our standing units and best equiped nat'l guard). Many of the other southerns have the same feelings that they did the first time (why is the north always pickin' on us?) so might join. California could be separate but most national military units would relocate so they would have little military but could be defended by the Chinese. The MEA could represent both the indiginous military and south american assistance of the south. Presumably the europeans would mostly favor the north now days (but maybe not for variety) and the US units could be used anywhere.

On a side note I gotta say that Idaho would probably try to exclude those force immigrants but we couldn't even come close to standing against it as we have the highest per capita deployed and the units not deployed just got back and are tired. They'd mostly just say 'pick some scrub land/high desert and see if you like it.' counting on them to move on in about two seasons on their own.

GRIM said:

Abortion is about as contentious as slavery, as is the desire of some to create a theocracy. I'd think you'd be more likely to see a red/blue, coastal/heartland, urban/rural divide leading to violence and division.

Agreed, a split between the Religious and Secular areas of America would work (as in the Handmaid's Tale)

emperorpenguin said:
GRIM said:

Agreed, a split between the Religious and Secular areas of America would work (as in the Handmaid's Tale)

I think it makes for a more interesting split also.

More numerous but generally less well equipped heartland troops and civilian militia with better morale against more sophisticated and better equipped coastal troops with foreign support. Would make for some interesting scenarios.

Back