2000AD.....

Should Mongoose do more 2000AD RPG's and Mini's, Like say Rogue Trooper and Strontium Dog

• Yes corking idea I would love to play Rogue Trooper and Strontium Dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they should move on, I dont like 2000AD anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Krazus

Mongoose
Ok like an idiot I just posted this in the general section.....but here it is

......Ok I am a big fan of what you folks are doing, on both the rpg front and the mini's.
I like the fact you are going for movie themes, damn good idea.
I also love the fact that you have done both Judge dredd and slaine from 2000AD. JD even gets a mini game, as is fitting.

My question is this, are you planning to bring out other 2000AD topics, a for instance (and im thinking depth and Variety here), would be Rogue trooper (as in the world and space of Nu earth, not to mention the hardly spoken of rest of the galactic war), and Strontium Dog.....loads of mutation choices, and the whole galaxy to roam round.

both I think would be good RPG and mini games IMHO.......

Also for GOMC1 are ya gonna do say judges from other areas, sov, texas city, oz, emerald isle, britcit...etc...
and muties box set....

and maybe MC1 vehicles.....

well thats me, say ello to a mate of mine whos just startingas ya painter......hiya Ady..well done mate!

I have always been a huge fan of Strontium Dog and used to play a lot of campaigns using modified rules from the old Judge Dredd RPG (Games Workshop era). More recently I have been using a d20 rules set for SD which was called 'Head Hunt', and used for an online rpg. It is now sadly departed, although I have a download of the rules.

I can't see any good reason why SD or even Rogue Trooper, couldn't be designed based on the Mongoose version of Dredd. The scope of adventures would be as large as the Galaxy.

I have ranted about Strontium Dog before in the "What should Mongoose Publish ..." section. (Search for Strontium Dog to get the full blow-by-blow)

I hope it happens, but I'm not expecting anything. If Mongoose look at re-vamping the rules for JD, as have been mooted on these boards, perhaps SD has a lifeline.

A miniatures version of GoMC1 for Stront Dog would be awesome to.

Sam

I voted for more 2000AD material. Not only because I enjoy both of the titles listed in the poll, but because I'm still waiting on the Nemesis rpg!!!

Mythos said:
I voted for more 2000AD material. Not only because I enjoy both of the titles listed in the poll, but because I'm still waiting on the Nemesis rpg!!!

good call dude, i was just thinking about the two that would be most expandable....there are soo many more, such as nemesis....the VC's....
:D

I never got more than a merest whiff of it, but to my mind teh concpet behind ABC Warriors sounds like it would make a stonking RPG.

No for RPGs.... Much as I love the Dredd and Slaine RPGs they just don't seem to be popular. I bought them both, and rate Slaine as Mongoose best product so far. Infact its about the best product so far ever... but the disappointment of the cancellation of both lines, well its just as much as I can do to bear. No more 2000AD unless its something rubbish like Robo Hunter or Space Trucker if only to save a poor old man the crushing sorrow of loves lost lorn....

Minis - See to be more successful mind....

Sadly, I think they jumped the gun with Judge Dredd. With the benefit of hindsight, I think they should have based it on the D20 Modern rules, so that Judges didn't end up being as identical.

A strong judge would have had completely different abilities and skills to a fast judge or a dedicated judge. Citizens would have been far more varied. All those lovely NPCs in the D20 Modern book would have been ready to use straight away, as would complete rules for vehicles and loads of other stuff.

*shrug*

As I sad - 20/20 hindsight.

I can see ABC warriors working very well, with a completely different character creation method than most RPGs. Build a robot from scratch, selecting a chassis, armaments, scanners etc then drop them into a specially created Atomic/Biological/Chemical task force for a specific mission...

Stat advances can be taken as the game progresses, but each comes with a "humanity" tag - giving your warrior new emotions, drives and motivations.

Your cybernetic killing machine could discover a sudden new value in human life and want to stop killing...

nice idea....

There are sooo many 2000ad stories that would work well as a 25mm/15mm or rpg......ahhh we can only hope

Hmm, how about a miniatures game based on the original Rogue Trooper? Megatanks, the various types of infantry on each side, Scum Sea naval encounters,

and, of course, GIs.

You could have GIs as a troop type, and Rogue himself as a special Character.

On the other hand, I think the "second version" Rogue Trooper (Friday) would make a better RPG.

Sundog said:
Hmm, how about a miniatures game based on the original Rogue Trooper? Megatanks, the various types of infantry on each side, Scum Sea naval encounters,

and, of course, GIs.

On the other hand, I think the "second version" Rogue Trooper (Friday) would make a better RPG.

Heartily agreed on all fronts there :)

frobisher said:
Sundog said:

and, of course, GIs.

Heartily agreed on all fronts there :)

Aye me too, loved both stories...but liked the first better :wink:

ROGUE TROOPER would be great done to a version of the starship trooper rule book. You could have not only armor and air power, but patrol boats, and pre-massacre souther GIs.

Let's hope Starship Troopers are a big success for Mongoose so, they could expand thier system to include Rogue Trooper and other such games.

Sean

Mayhem said:
I can see ABC warriors working very well, with a completely different character creation method than most RPGs. Build a robot from scratch, selecting a chassis, armaments, scanners etc then drop them into a specially created Atomic/Biological/Chemical task force for a specific mission...

Darn it, I'm so taken with this idea that I have started trying to come up with the rules for character creation...

Back