2 odd - perhaps silly - questions regarding Glorantha

abrilt

Mongoose
Hi all!
Well I just got my order last night of Glorantha books from Mongoose via Amazon.com. I think this is a really cool setting. I know that MG does not have the rights to these books anymore but I ma hoping that some of you have played or use them.

While spending a couple of hours perusing through the books last night - two things struck me and I hope someone can take a moment out of their day to assist me.

1. I note that the tables in the Gloranthan Adventurers chapter for character creation are a bit off - I am assuming its a typo or formatting problem but to ensure that I get it right (ie. the correct background skill goes to the right background!) can someone tell me if there was ever any errata published or has someone done any correcting?

2. Where is Pavis? I spent some time going through the maps but I will be darned if I can find it. I know that this is a very dumb question so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Todd

abrilt said:
2. Where is Pavis?
Pavis is on the Zola Fel River / River of Cradles, which flows west
of the Wastelands from north to south through Prax. However, it
is rarely mentioned in the Mongoose material, because it was the
focus of the Chaosium publications for the Third Age of Glorantha,
and Mongoose developed a rather different background for its Se-
cond Age of Glorantha material.

On a map of Genertela Pavis would be approximately here, see the
tiny yellow mark and arrow:

Attachments

• Aufzeichnen.PNG
    Aufzeichnen.PNG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,182
I think I know what you mean about the tables - it can be hard to spot where the dividing line between professions is if I recall correctly. The table entries do seem to run on into each other. Do you have a specific example?

Back