Zamboula (and other questions)

I'm like you guys, collecting any Howard related book I can put my greedy hands on, but that doesn't prevent me to think that most pastiches are total crap, though they may hold some inspiration or information useful for a Conan GM..

It's a cool day to be Supp 4.

Friend of mine bought a new house and is cleaning out his "stuff". He calls me, "Hey, I've got an entire box full of Conan books. Want 'em?"

Well...heck yeah!

So, I get them home and go through them. I haven't check 'em all yet, but I think there's a complete set of Lancers there. And, I'm not completely sure, but I think each and every book that I've sold in the past has just been replaced.

I'm pretty sure I'm sitting on top of a complete Conan set of books. I'll need to go through them, but I think (with this new addition and the ones I still own) that I've got them all.

Christmas.

I'm going to re-read some of those suckers.

The map that came with the rules shows Zamboula in the Kharamun Desert on the Road of Kings. This does not seem right. It should be placed in the Eastern Desert closer to Stygia. Especially since it was a Stygian city that was conquered by Turan. Actually bothers me because I think that Zamboula would be an excellent book from Mongoose (hint, hint :D ).

cbruniush wrote:
Actually bothers me because I think that Zamboula would be an excellent book from Mongoose

Fans have been asking this for years on the forum (even before the Shadizar and Messantia Boxed sets were released!). It seems that Zamboula was the most awaited city by Conan fans. It seems also that the powers that be at Mongoose decided otherwise...

Back