Yaun-Ti or Nagas in Conan

Has anyone here thought of putting either of these D&D races into Conan? If so I would be interested to know what you may have changed to fit them better.

In the story, "God in the Bowl", Howard does present us with a creature that could be thought of as a Naga.
However, if you read the story it comes across more as a child of Set, or member od an anciet pre-human race, rather then as a common creature or member of a currently exsisting race.

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi said:
Has anyone here thought of putting either of these D&D races into Conan? If so I would be interested to know what you may have changed to fit them better.

Yea I'll be adding at least a Yaun-ti type race. My Conan campaign will have a little bit more fantasy then baseline Conan game, i think. I like Serpent Men, and Wolfgang Baur did a nasty ghoul kingdom in Dungeon mag years ago it was heavily influenced by Lovecraft and CAS. I like the stories of Giant wizard-kings (that i'll likely taint with some melinbonian flavor).

I added Serpent People from Call of Cthulhu. As far as I remember they are part of the Howard/Lovecraft background for Conan/Kull.

I'll definitely add one - inspired by the incredible painting by Michael Kaluta of Conan battling a naga-like creature in a room full of riches. It's a great piece of artwork, from the old The Studio portfolio.

Back