Wound/Vitality points for Cybernet?

cerhob

Mongoose
So, I was wondering if we could make some conversions to use Wound/vitality points from SWRPG. I think it would be more realistic cus a shot to the head sould kill anyone, even if there level 15.

cerhob said:
I think it would be more realistic cus a shot to the head sould kill anyone, even if there level 15.

Well there are no hit locations in Cybernet (according to the index) :D.

Cybernet is based on d20 Modern, so if you take damage greater than or equal to Con then you need to make a Fort Check (DC15) or go straight to -1 HP (See Errata). The difference between the two systems is that in WP/VP a Critical Hits are dangerous, in d20 Modern / Cybernet a good damage roll is dangerous (an over simplification I know, but true)

The general rule of thumb when convertion from d20 Modern MDT to SWRPG is to add an additional dice of damage to weapons.

Perhaps look at how they do the conversion to VP/WP in the upcomming Unearthed Arcana by WotC. That should give a decent indication on how to do it in D20 Modern (and by extension OGL Cybernet).

Course that means spending $30 or so ($60 Australian :p) just to find out how to convert to VP/WP. (Course you could always find some other sucker that bought the book and borrow it for a couple of days)

This isnt a huge issue for me cos I'll be getting the book anyway (What D&D player could pass up on a book of variant rules?). But if you just play d20 Modern or Cybernet then its going to be much harder to justify the expense (although there are alternate spell systems in the book, which could be handy for D20 Modern).

Back