Would Oleb be dumb enough?

JMISBEST

Mongoose
After my question about The 2,000 ton limit for The Ships of Deneb Nobles I got thinking about how Oleb's not the brightest ruler alive and wanted to know if you think Oleb be dumb enough to agree that in order to prevent a coup by The Pcs he'd agree that once Drinax is reborn they couldn't own a ship massing more then 1,000 tons less then Drinax's biggest ship but he'd buy their bigger ships back for a very high price?

So far a example if Drinax has A 8,900 ton Flagship then they couldn't own a ship bigger then 7,900 tons, but going by the agreements wording they could both technically and legally could have ships loyal to them but not owned by them double or more the size of The Drinax Flagship. So is Oleb that dumb?

Oleb not the brightest ruler alive?

He's 105 years old and has a steady supply of anagathics, possibly synthetic from the Scholar's Tower.
He has survived long enough on a Floating City full of relatives and enemies for decades.
He has had a TL 15 raiding ship restored, kept the Ducal codes from the Sindalian Empire intact so he can read messages from the fall of Noricum and you are playing him as some sort of buffoon?

He's staved off ihatei raiders for decades, kept his children in check and conquered a planet with 3 rented ships full of relic power armour.

I would not play him as an idiot except to trap the unwary into believing the buffoon facade. This King is as shrewd as he has had to be in order to survive. He is playing off massive empires and megacorporations off against one another to salvage some sort of future for his floating city of silliness, using all the resources he can muster.

Back