WIP Marauders

Alexb83

Mongoose
Here are my two mostly finished M9s (just need a few bits of touching up, varnishing and basing) and a better picture of my infiltrator from the other day...

night.jpg

chicken.jpg

inf3.jpg

Now I've got two M8s to do...

some views of the front of the M9s would be nice. The chip effect is well done. I would suggest a little watered down brown paint/ink in the painted into the deeper areas of the armour (the overlapping plates) and possibly some oily black/brown in the joints of the bare metal, like you would find on medern day machinery.
The infiltrator is very nice, obviously speed painted, but good for that.

well done :mrgreen:

Thanks... here's where they are now, not the best picture because the suns gone in.... Unfortunately the plastic glue clouded up the 'glass' a bit :S Grr... Incidentally, it is the same chickenhawk, I have just magnetised the front hardpoints to swap out the 50s, claws and flamers as needs be.

marauders.jpg

Anyways, they've been inked and flocked and gravelled now. As for the infiltrator, he was a bit more pale, but the green just wasn't right, so I did a quick brush over and inked him green/brown. Just one of those models that didn't really inspire me...

Alexb83 said:
And here's the m8 first sergeant, pretty much done

1stsgtm8.jpg

Good work, and I noticed that you splayed out the "hand" grapples so as to simulate the Morita Ape Specials in firing mode :) .

Or indeed dual hel flamers :) I'll post a pic tomorrow with the full platoon of 4 whole models... or perhaps in the 1500pt army I'll play with them.
2 Apes, 1 Chickenhawk, 1 Nighthawk, 1 CHAS, 1 TAC UAV, a Sarissa and a Flamberge vs. the Bug Hordes...

Alexb83 said:
Thanks... here's where they are now, not the best picture because the suns gone in.... Unfortunately the plastic glue clouded up the 'glass' a bit :S Grr... Incidentally, it is the same chickenhawk, I have just magnetised the front hardpoints to swap out the 50s, claws and flamers as needs be.

marauders.jpg

Anyways, they've been inked and flocked and gravelled now. As for the infiltrator, he was a bit more pale, but the green just wasn't right, so I did a quick brush over and inked him green/brown. Just one of those models that didn't really inspire me...
Awesome mouse, man, really good quality.

And I like the minis too :p

And here they all are, finished. With the M9 glass replaced, and some inking done.

mech.jpg

And here's the 1500 point army I'll have to try...

1500marauders.jpg

Alexb83 said:

1stsgtm8.jpg

This guy looks awesome, like BuShips pointed out the splayed claws and the raised arms really give an impression that he's blasting away with his specials! Nice job on the CHAS as well! :)

Doghouse said:
Alexb83 said:

This guy looks awesome, like BuShips pointed out the splayed claws and the raised arms really give an impression that he's blasting away with his specials! Nice job on the CHAS as well! :)

Either that, or he just wants a hug! :lol:

Back