WIP Converted Pathfinder Squad and Marauder Project

Female Trooper Update

I've now got the basic shape of the female trooper together and will begin to clean the model up adding details.

Those that know my 40k stuff will know that I have a bit of an obsession with making stuff bigger and pioneered various truescale techniques.
Whilst routing through my bits box I came across the rather sad looking Marauder that I'd mercilessly started to convert and then abandoned.
The weapons are missing but I have the basic frame and legs which I've cleaned up, cut up and re-assembled to create a more credible scaled Marauder.
I'm using plasticard to widen the torso and heighten the cab so that a MI trooper could fit in there. Whether or not I'll actually put one in there is a different matter but it's an interesting additiona to the project.
Once I've finished adding the spacers I'll sand it down and sculpt the details/clean it up. :)
Now if only I could find that Ape I had lying around...

Picture120.jpg

Picture121.jpg

Picture122.jpg

I love your work, it really embodies the excitement that's returning to SST. Keep it up. I may need to order some of those heads for my MI.. and I said I'd never have a helmet-less trooper. :) I just can't resist such inspirational models. Thanks Doghouse!

Thanks mate, it's appreciated. :)

I find that the Hasslefree heads are nice to work with if you can match them with the right scale. Some are a little too large for the scale.
Most of the other Pathfinders will be wearing helmets, maybe an updated version of the current pathfinder lids, so taht I can concentrate on poses.

I may have a bash at the Gecko if I can find some decent pictures and maybe the mono-cycle seen in the protoype gallery section of the Roughnecks Tesca Campaign DVD.
For the time being though it's the LT, Pathfinder squad and the Marauder that I'm concentrating on.

Rhochenkov Redux

I'm really begining to regret using the guard arms now. I decided that the current head was too big and so have restarted using a smaller one.
Still loads to do but it's getting there.

Picture123.jpg

Here's another angle so you can see the flashlight taking shape. Not the most flattering shot but makes it look less like a purity seal! :lol:

Picture124.jpg

I'm thinking a dark blue colour scheme would be good and also tie in the Fleet aspect of the uniform. For the female in the light power armour I'm thinking maybe a blue/white urban camo pattern.
I might have to go ahead and buy some Pathfinders now for parts.

Probably a good choice, the only scheme I found that worked for my pathfinders was a blue urban camo (and i tried about 6 different schemes)

Nice choice on the Hasslefree heads.

Excellent conversions all around, your putty work is really clean!

Big thumbs up!

Thanks guys! :)

Nanite: Yeah the Hasslefree heads are really useful and save a lot of time. I may drill out the helmets and use them on regular CAPS once I get to the rest of the platoon.

A slightly dark update...

I managed to make a newb mistake when making this guy, I forgot to consult the actual pictures of the M9 before starting.
So to rectify this I'm going to use artistic licence and call this a M9-1A Marauder. Basically it'll be the regular M9 but with a few cosmetic differences.

I'm not sure whether I should paint the cockpit that I've started sculpting as glass or make it into an enclosed armoured canopy.
Either way the sculpting is pretty rough at the moment but I'll be cleaning it up once the model is bulked out.
I'll also be scratch building the six gun and twin fifties. The base for the six gun is already in place, I'm currently assembling the barrels and other bits to add after.
Overall I'm happy with the size, it's a bit meater than the original model and has ample room for a pilot inside.
Once I've sculpted over the black plasticard then the detail will be added although I'll have to scratch build the missile launcher on the back as well as I seem to have lost it somewhere.
The broader hull will also allow me to add extra stowage and such on the back.

Picture126.jpg

Picture127.jpg

Picture128.jpg

Marauder update

Well it's still looking a bit shoddy but the basic form is there. I've still got some major sculpting work to do mostly the back of the cab, around the edges of the windscreen and the detailing.
I've included a rear shot of cab so that you can see the difference in width, I've also added a single barrel of the six gun but still have a another four or five to add yet.

Picture129.jpg

Picture131.jpg

Picture130.jpg

Back