Wild west adventures

If so, they'll almost certainly be S&P articles or third party products. Mongoose has stated their intention with the OGL product line to put out the core rulebook and let third party publishers create their own products based upon these in much the same way as d20 licencees do.

I'm currently working on an article for S&P, so if it gets accepted thats one I know of for certain :)

Got my copy of OGL Wild West yesterday and already working on three articles for Signs and Portents.

More vocations including Buffalo Soliders, Ol Timers, Mysterious Drifter and more!

Wild Bill Hicocks Travelling Circus Show: Expanding on the rules for WBH in the core book. My great, great grandmother used to ride ponies in his show when it travelled Europe and the States so got a lot of family interest in this.

Gun Fight at the OK Coral. Exactly as it says on the box :D

Marc

In the interest of historical accuracy, it wasn't Wild Bill Hickok's show. It was Col. "Buffalo Bill" Cody's show. Although Wild Bill did tour with the show briefly, ca. 1873-1874, after failing in an attempt to start his own show, I don't believe Wild Bill ever left the States.

Anonymous said:
In the interest of historical accuracy, it wasn't Wild Bill Hickok's show. It was Col. "Buffalo Bill" Cody's show. Although Wild Bill did tour with the show briefly, ca. 1873-1874, after failing in an attempt to start his own show, I don't believe Wild Bill ever left the States.

Hi,
Sorry I wasnt thinking when I hit the send button. I know it was BBC rather than Wild Bill wh toured the UK and Europe,playing for all the crown heads as my aunt has a peacemaker given to my great, great, grandmother in her living room dated 1901.

Must learn to check what I'm typing first before I hit post :oops:

Marc

Aw man, a Mysterious Drifter vocation is an awesome idea.

If you're doing stuff with Cody's Wild West show, check out the non-fiction book 'DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY', about the first World's Fair and serial killing. Lots of interesting stuff in there about murder palaces and architect politics, but also stuff about the shows. (A lot of people went into Cody's show and were so impressed that they left Chicago thinking they'd seen the actual World's Fair.)

Mongoose Gar said:
Aw man, a Mysterious Drifter vocation is an awesome idea.

If you're doing stuff with Cody's Wild West show, check out the non-fiction book 'DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY', about the first World's Fair and serial killing. Lots of interesting stuff in there about murder palaces and architect politics, but also stuff about the shows. (A lot of people went into Cody's show and were so impressed that they left Chicago thinking they'd seen the actual World's Fair.)

Cheers Gar,
I will look out for Devil in the White City as it seems like a good book, I have heard of it before:D. The Mysterious Drifter vocation and the Ol Timer are basically the kind of charcters that used to be very popular in old western movies so should be fun.

Marc

kiln publications said:
Kiln Publications is looking into this as well.....

One way these might be even more profitable for Kiln Publications is to pitch them at all of the d20 Wild West games out on the stands now, and forthcoming over the next few months.

If it is possible I would like to see a Wild Wild West suppliment, (ie from the old TV show not the lastest movie) That would be pretty interesting, in my own humble opinion.

has anyone seen the 'Legends of the Old West' games workshop historical miniatures 'posse' game...

Slightly akin to the Gangs of MC-1 in many concepts (such as xp) and includes 'Legends' for hire (such as Wyatt and his brothers).

Very good.

Back