Who thinks they'll be last to get "No Surrender,No Retr

Who thinks they'll be last to get No Surrender, No Retreat and when?

• August 2004

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • September 2004

• October 2004

• November 2004

• December 2004

• 13th of never

• Total voters

lastbesthope

Mongoose
Just to explain this to everyone, this started from an offhand comment on this thread :

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2962&start=15

It's to see who gets their copy of the B5 Season 4 Supplement "No Surrender, No Retreat" last. You get more qudos if you guess when you;ll get it, and more qudos again if you are last to get it AND guess right.Oh and you have to have preordered it on or before the day of release from somewhere (web, Mongoose, FLGS)

Just before anyone flames me, this is not a dig at Mongoose but a dig at life, your FLGS or whatever else comes between you and your beloved supplments. It's all meant in goodnatured fun.

Enjoy.

I predict that I'll probably see mine in September if I'm lucky! My FLGS seems to be stuck in about a 2 month time lag!

Remember to vote and post your reason for your long wait, although be warned, Dag'Nabbit is way ahead of us all on that one!

LBH

Well, let's see. I ordered mine from Amazon.com on June 10, 2004. This is their current estimate from my account...

Shipping estimate: Aug 27, 2004 - Sept 10, 2004
Delivery estimate: Sept 1, 2004 - Sept 21, 2004

1 of: No Surrender No Retreat: A Babylon 5 Rpg Supplement [Paperback]
By: Mongoose Publishing, S. Kalvar

I bet that I get it before the end of the week. I guess that because I ordered it today.

I still wonder how everything slides past me these days. I didn't know the Narn book was out till about a month later, and only found out today that NRNS was out.

Me thinks Mongoose are sneaking them past us. Its a consipracy I tell you. :wink:

I would say me, but I think I am somehow exempt from the competition....getting a print copy is really just a formality for me.

Shannon
Mongoose
Current Status: Pondering why a baby can stay up longer than he can

First off, it's no fair to brag about getting print copies while us poor minions of consumption have to wait for the vagaries of life and shipping to deliver our copu unto us.

Second, I think babies just need to take life in small doses as it's so new. Otherwise they might overload. This is sometimes caused by too much time spent in a full diaper too. :wink:

And now...

I think I'm going to enter myself in the "Last to receive the book" competition.

Let's see, they are going to ship my book from the US. It is going to take it's dear time traveling to NY, where it will be loaded on a plane and flown to Germany. From there it will drive through Eastern Europe to finally arrive at my basecamp. PROBLEM: I won't be here when it finally does arrive; I'll have finally left for home. So...it will then be stuck in the military post office until someone notices that it has to actually go back to the states. Then it will drive to Germany, to be flown to NY, and then onwards to Texas.

Frankly, I'll be amazed if it gets to me by Thanksgiving.

PS It's fun to quote yourself. 8)

Dag'Nabbit said:
PS It's fun to quote yourself. 8)

Dag'Nabbit,

Don't take this the wrong way man, but you need to get out more :)

ANd coming from a geek of my standing, that's saying something!

LBH
"Making all the other geeks look cool by comparison!"

OK, let me explain something.

I am currently deployed overseas, where my job consists of me living and working in a room with no windows.

So, my friend LBH, you are more right then you know.

Got my copy turned up this morning. Looks good at first glance. I know that this evening is going to be spend reading it.

Dag'Nabbit said:
OK, let me explain something.

I am currently deployed overseas, where my job consists of me living and working in a room with no windows.

So, my friend LBH, you are more right then you know.

Yeah, I've picked that up from your other posts.

I feel for you man, I really do.

Could be worse though, you could just have arrived instead of being just about to leave!

LBH

OK, so I lose, (the poll at least).

My FLGS has managed to start doing it's job and i got my copy of NSNR this week. Only a fortnight late.

So I guess I win in that I have my supplement.

Corwin's stats and Shadow Omegas look cool.

LBH

I chose Nov, cause everything that I have preordered from that on line store seems to be comming in late... cause I think they drag their feet.... just alittle....

Shalazar
Lookin' good, cause LBH says so!

I'm happy to report that I lost this contest when I received my copy yesterday. One word: Awesome. I saw a definite increase in the overall appearance of the book. The images are crisper and sharper, and even the paper seems to be better. But what is important is the content, of course, and it delivers in huge amounts. Congrats to Shannon for another great book! Can't wait to see the League sourcebook, Zocalo, Psi-Corps and Rangers. And ACtA... :D This is one of the best year for the B5 fans.

Oh, and in the next week or so JMS should be turning in the next-to-final draft of the TMoS screenplay.

So definitely a good year for B5, although a sad one too with the loss of the great Mr. Biggs.

And I shall be the next to remove myself from competition. The book actually arrived at my basecamp about a week ago. I am amazed it made it through the military postal system so quickly, but I am also really impressed with the book. It looks a lot better, and I like the addition of the where to find everything table. Now I just have to get the time to read it.

>>One happy loser. :wink:

Hi everyone,

I think it's great that so many of us are 'losing' the poll competition by getting our books early. I haven't had more than a cursory glance at mine yet. I am on holiday back home in Glasgow for a few days and then off on a cruise to Norway.

I'll let you know if I find any signatures in the fjords :wink:

LBH

Back