White Wolf to acquire Traveller license from Far Future Ente

Status
Not open for further replies.
barnest2 said:
Is this supplement for WOD? If so... does it cover British military at all? Is it generalised?
Just look here:
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=56496

Cooo....
What book would I need to use it. I've played in a couple of WOD games, and I wonder whether its a supplement for a specific one?
It looks... interesting :D
God I need some money :p

barnest2 said:
Cooo....
What book would I need to use it. I've played in a couple of WOD games, and I wonder whether its a supplement for a specific one?
It looks... interesting :D
God I need some money :p
Just the core book. It works with any of the other game lines and any of the core WoD supplements from Antagonists up to Book of The Dead, and by Crikey it can fit in with Hunter: the Vigil like fingers in a glove - but you really only need Dogs and the WoD core rulebook.

This is going to sound weird, but I've had more interest in this book expressed on this board than I have had on the White Wolf fora.

Maybe I ought to write some more Traveller stuff and talk about it there. :D

alex_greene said:
It's one little mea culpa I've had to carry for a long time. Believe me. :)
Alex, you don't need to give me a mea culpa. It's a damm fine book and I understand the constraints of 'X pages' and such. What you weren't able to cover due to space, got absolutely butchered in SpecOps. I was heavily disappointed with SpecOps while I was still happy with DoW.

alex_greene said:
This is going to sound weird, but I've had more interest in this book expressed on this board than I have had on the White Wolf fora.

Maybe I ought to write some more Traveller stuff and talk about it there. :D
Do it! Why not a bit of cross promotion, especially after the "WW gets Traveller" joke?

I'm on the WW forums also as 'gamerdude' drop me a private msg sometime.

barnest2 said:
What went wrong with SpecOps?
I have no problem with it, especially since the Third Edition has dealt with
most of the errata. However, it seems that some people of other nationa-
lities feel that their services have not been described correctly.

barnest2 said:
What went wrong with SpecOps?
As a retired member of the USAF, I was appalled at not the lack of information but the misinformation on how the USAF operates, its officer and enlisted corp etc. I can't judge anything about services for another country nor the accuracy of anything other than the USAF.

Of course for me to give a list of specifics for the "oh no it was a fine correct book" crowd, I'd first have to dig the thing out of long term storage and then go back through it writing everything down.

The time and inclination I have to do that is quite lacking right now.

Overall it was a nice book, and using it as written was quite playable... again just the (in)accuracy about the USAF that really bothered me.

NEUniverse2 said:
I leave the above unspellchecked to allow you to make all the spelling fLAMES you want Doktorevil.
Hardly possible for him, since he is permabanned from this forum. You
are definitely barking at the wrong tree, the one you suspect has not pos-
ted a single word on this thread. Perhaps you should think again about
your accusations ... right now they seem slightly paranoid. :wink:

Oh, and if you just want to complain about the posts on another forum,
please do it there. This cross-forum mudslinging is really not a sane
way to communicate. :roll:

Wow. Still, if EDG linked to his post from SFRPG, seems fair he should respond. Did he ? I'd bet money he's banned there. Pretty ranty stuff tho, I agree. Did the same person write both of these?

captainjack23 said:
Still, if EDG linked to his post from SFRPG, seems fair he should respond.
Yep, but there, not here, where EDG cannot react. Besides, I really dislike
anonymous personal attacks ...

rust said:
captainjack23 said:
Still, if EDG linked to his post from SFRPG, seems fair he should respond.
Yep, but there, not here, where EDG cannot react. Besides, I really dislike
anonymous personal attacks ...

well, EDG has banned quite a few, so maybe Nuniverse can't, either. I'd check to see if he posts there, but he banned me on SFRPG for a post he didn't like that I made on COTI. (fair or not, it's his forum, so whatever)

Besides, and keeping in mind I agree with you 100% about anonymous attacks, this is just the kind of garbage that obsessive grudges result in. I just wish people would move on. I have no idea why people get so Narked about a product that only seems to have exposure due to the complaints of its detractors.

captainjack23 said:
I'd check, but he banned me on SFRPG for a post he didn't like that I made on COTI.
You are still on the member list of SFRPG, so either the software has a
problem or you were unbanned ?

rust said:
You are still on the member list of SFRPG, so either the software has a problem or you were unbanned ?

Could be someone was banned without the account being removed, it could still be there just can't access it.

rust said:
captainjack23 said:
I'd check, but he banned me on SFRPG for a post he didn't like that I made on COTI.
You are still on the member list of SFRPG, so either the software has a
problem or you were unbanned ?

captainjack23
Post subject: [CT] Traveller Book 9: Adventurer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Banned

Nah. I'm still banned. IP level, even. Thanks for the thought, tho. Maybe I'll ask Gruffty if I can play again.

AndrewW said:
rust said:
You are still on the member list of SFRPG, so either the software has a problem or you were unbanned ?

Could be someone was banned without the account being removed, it could still be there just can't access it.

which is annoying as I have old versions of adventurer linked there, and can't remove or update them.

And I can't even get Gruffty or other mods there to answer emails. Not that I tried very hard back when it happened, I admit.

I'll ask again. Is gruffty even here any more ?

Oh well.

rust said:
captainjack23 said:
Nah. I'm still banned.
I am very sorry to hear this, it would nice to have you back. :cry:

Talk to the doctor, I suspect. Good luck, tho. He's got it so that I cant even look anonymously from my home IP, and, anyway, if you recall, he previously banned me there even before I had posted anything. I'd like to p come back too, but since the only email I got from him was one like the one that got Matt to permaban him, I'm not sure if I even want to make an email address available to him.

*gradually lifts an empty helmet over the lip of the foxhole on the end of a stick* *no sniper fire* *uses a small hand mirror on the end of another stick to look around*

Oh, so that's what it's like. Can I come out now? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back