whirlwind attack feat

Valaryc

Mongoose
just a little question....i have a oppionion (and had a discussion with one of my players) about it but want to know if i'm right :)

using the feat whirlwind attack....do you make ONE attack roll and that counts for EVERY target in range or do you make attack rolls for every single target in range, each with your highest attack roll ?

Valaryc said:
just a little question....i have a oppionion (and had a discussion with one of my players) about it but want to know if i'm right :)

using the feat whirlwind attack....do you make ONE attack roll and that counts for EVERY target in range or do you make attack rolls for every single target in range, each with your highest attack roll ?
Actually, the feat can be read both ways. I don't think it makes much of a difference which way you run it, just pick one and be consistent.

imagine a "showdown" and the character uses whirlwind attack...and rolls a critical hit :)

even with the hit point system and the massive damage rule this would be the death of all opponents...and i use the Wound/Vitality Point system :) and that means....they are (definitely) dead bad guys :)

Yes, and if he rolls a nat 1 instead then he misses all his opponents...

Extreme good luck balanced by extreme bad luck.

OTOH if you run the feat that you roll a d20 for each opponent around you then you will never get either the "crit them all" OR the "fumble them all" scenario but just an attack against every opponent.

Obviously there is a difference in play depending on how you interpret the feat. However the wording of the feat can be read either way and IMHO both methods are balanced. So I say pick the one you like and stick with it.

Later.

Back