Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 x Tigara's

• 2 x Ashinata's

• Total voters

Morgoth

Mongoose
If you were up against the Drakh at 5pt skirmish level with Minbari which Raid ship would you pick?? Personally I would take two Teshlans due to long range weaponary and good beams. However I can see reasons for the Tigara and Ashinata too. Thoughts??

tough choice, Ive not acutally played against the Drakh but personally Id be tempted to go with a bunch of Ashinata's as at low PLs your gonna be facing probably 5 raiders of some kind.

Lots of fusion beams with twin linky goodness = many many hits and if he gets close he loses his dodge too.

That said, the Teshlans beams could prove decisive against the low hulled drakh. And the extra Nials are useful too.

What are you planning to take for your other skirmish point incidentally? A torotha or two more Nial flights?

HERESY! Torothas DO NOT suck :p They suck if you use one or two of em as then theyre just an easy target that dies in one shot, but if you use lots of em then they can really be a pain in the ass.

VS the Drakh though the nials are probably a better choice. At Skirmish level I doubt he'll use anything but raiders and they lack rear firing weaopons.... (though fighter guns could have trouble doing much through his GEGs...)

Nial fighters are actually pretty good against Drakh - due to low hulls and th fact that most ships are hull 4 - means you can normally get 2hits on raiders which means 1 pt of damage :)

Sorry but I have never had any success with the Torortha, mind you only had a max of 2 of them on board at a time - so never thought about using massed numbers of them..mind you against Drakh not wise - low hull and closer range weapons and what with the Drakh getting a bonus to reduce stealth not favourable really

Yeah I used to get torothas wasted all the time when I used two to fill up a spare raid point sometimes :p

But vs the Drakh: They are faster and as maneuverable as the Drakh ships so alot of the time you can actually avoid drakh weapons arcs or ranges or simply overshoot them and hit them with your aft weaons (which the Drakh raiders lack). Theyre hull 4 with a few hits but then so are the drakh. And Ill take stealth over GEGs any day :p

And whilst the Torothas MAIN weapon is shorter than the Drakh dont forget it has 12" Fusion beams too. Park 9" away and fire. Only go in withing 6" for a Disruptor attack if you can do it in a blind arc :D

Back