Which books are primarily atlases?

fvcoulter

Banded Mongoose
I've been watching some random YouTube videos, including some reviews (or overviews) of some of the Mongoose books. I watched one which discussed The Third Imperium for Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition and one which discussed Traveller Tuesday: Solomani Front from Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition.

I'm interested in the Mongoose publications (as well as equivalent books from other publishers) which are primarily atlases. I'm not interested in books which are primarily a campaign setting. If I get a campaign setting book, it'll spoil any games I play that use that campaign.

Is there a good list of atlases (not campaigns) that have been published and which sectors/subsectors they cover? (I need to add stuff to my Christmas wish list...)

Thanks in advance.

Behind the Claw: the Spinward Marches and Deneb
Solomani Front: the Solomani Rim and Alpha Crucis
The Third Imperium: Core
The Spinward Extents: The Beyond and Vanguard Reaches
Trailing Frontier: Ley and Gateway
Rim Expeditions: Kruse
The Dark and the Deep (forthcoming and I may have those two nouns reversed): Reaver's Deep and Dark Nebula

The Pirates of Drinax boxed set contains an atlas for the Trojan Reach, and the Great Rift set contains atlases for Corridor, Reft, Riftspan Reaches, Touchstone, and Afawahisa (most of which are pretty sparse), but they also contain campaign and/or adventure info you'd want to eat around.

I am not sure that I understand how you are using those terms. Mongoose has sector books, which are regional maps with the associated history, world profiles, and misc rules and fluff. They are part of the Third Imperium campaign setting.

They have "adventure path" type materials like Pirates of Drinax, Mysteries of the Ancients, Secrets of the Ancients, etc that are long series of adventures with a related theme. I think you are calling those "campaigns"?

I gather that you are looking for the sector books? Those are:
Behind the Claw (Deneb & Spinward Marches)
Solomani Front (Solomani Rim & Alpha Crucis)
Rim Expeditions (Space out beyond the Solomani sphere)
Spinward Extents (Vanguard Reaches and The Beyond)
Trailing Frontier (Ley & Gateway Sectors)
The Third Imperium (Core Sector)
The Great Rift (Reft and Riftspan Reaches)

Glorious Empire and Sword Worlds covers those areas specifically, not entire sectors.

There's other areas covered in what are otherwise campaigns or in 1st Edition Mongoose products.

Behind the Claw: the Spinward Marches and Deneb
Solomani Front: the Solomani Rim and Alpha Crucis
The Third Imperium: Core
The Spinward Extents: The Beyond and Vanguard Reaches
Trailing Frontier: Ley and Gateway
Rim Expeditions: Kruse
The Dark and the Deep (forthcoming and I may have those two nouns reversed): Reaver's Deep and Dark Nebula

The Pirates of Drinax boxed set contains an atlas for the Trojan Reach, and the Great Rift set contains atlases for Corridor, Reft, Riftspan Reaches, Touchstone, and Afawahisa (most of which are pretty sparse), but they also contain campaign and/or adventure info you'd want to eat around.
Half of them are available through Amazon, so they're now on my wish list.

Thanks to you and to Vormaerin. (You posted first, so you got the reply.)

Half of them are available through Amazon, so they're now on my wish list.

Thanks to you and to Vormaerin. (You posted first, so you got the reply.)
Some of them are pretty recent releases so the physical versions may not be in circulation yet. That's likely why they are not on Amazon.

Back