Where's the free stuff?

Padre

Mongoose
Umm, why there are no new goodies in the Free Downloads section? At least let us see enlarged covers. :cry:

I would also appreciate a complete errata from the 1st printing of the Core Book as well as errata for all the other books (regurlarly updated). This would be a minimum to see that customers are also taken into consideration.

The King said:
I would also appreciate a complete errata from the 1st printing of the Core Book. This would be a minimum to see that customers are also taken into consideration.

Wouldn't that be the 'Atlantean Changes' pdf listed under the free downoads?

VincentDarlage said:
The King said:
I would also appreciate a complete errata from the 1st printing of the Core Book. This would be a minimum to see that customers are also taken into consideration.

Wouldn't that be the 'Atlantean Changes' pdf listed under the free downoads?
This pdf file ("Conan Atlantean Edition Key Feature Changes") tells us what has changed but don't give any details.
Here is an example of the file:
Bestiary Corrected: Many creatures in the Bestiary were missing Feats and had incorrect Initiative modifiers (the Reflex save modifier had not been included). This is now fixed. The Elephant is also introduced as per John Cooper’s recommendation.
So if you want the corrected bestiary, you need the AE edition.

What I want is a complete (detailed) errata for the owner of the 1st printing (or any other soucebooks). At the age of internet, I consider this a minimum customer services. My idea is that of a "Living errata" that is progressively updated.
Not that I'am so much of a purist but I don't consider there are enough modifications or new materials to justify the acquisition of AE.

Even with the discount?

*shrug*

Then don't buy it. But I'd say that with the SOC programme, Mongoose went above and beyond the required "minimum to see that customers are also taken into consideration."

Not everyone belongs or wants to belong to the SOC program; I don't see where is the difficulty to offer online ever accessible errata.
That is not just applicable for the Core book, but also for all the other sourcebooks as necessary and useful goodies. I don't even ask for free adventures.

I don't think I'm the only one asking for this as the compiled errata of this forum also lists an important quantity of unanswered questions.

The King said:
Not everyone belongs or wants to belong to the SOC program;

Why would anyone not want to receive free material? It only takes an e-mail to join. I mean, how can you satisfy a person that doesn't even want to get stuff for free?

Anyway, I think a 'living errata' is pretty much essential (though I'd be extra-pleased with enlarged cover pictures - come on, they're awesome and deserve a close-up :) ).

Still...on the one hand you have someone asking for free material and on the other hand saying they don't want it...Odd?? YOU be the judge...LOL

It's been a while since they've updated the freebies section. Maybe they're all working hard trying to get Shadizar out by Christmas... :D

Or, maybe they're trying to say that we all suck... :p

Mournstorm said:
Still...on the one hand you have someone asking for free material and on the other hand saying they don't want it...Odd?? YOU be the judge...LOL

Indeed. "I want free stuff, as long as I don't have to do anything as taxing as *gasp* sending an email."

Go figure.

Free materials is one thing and I have nothing against it but do we have to suscribe the SOC program to receive erratas?
Isn't it easier to put those files online as was done previously with the covers, mass combat rules, map of Hyborian, etc... ?

BTW I didn't know until now how to suscribe the SOC program ( :? ) but if it doesn't run anymore where is the need to send an e-mail?

The King said:
BTW I didn't know until now how to suscribe the SOC program ( :? ) but if it doesn't run anymore where is the need to send an e-mail?

Just send an email to Mongoose and enjoy some free stuff. I did so some days ago and received e.g. Acheronian race, chariot rules, Iranistani race, some short adventures - and I never was in the SoC-program!

Thank you, Mongoose!

And yes, online-errata would be a nice thing, e.g. for the bugged spell-prerequisites in SoS.

I still think a regularly updated Conan site would generally be an improvement. Rather than have to look through several sites, viewers could find what they need easily, on one site. Also, it would be a perfect place for Mongoose to explain when books have been pushed back from a release date, rather than having to search through pages of the forums to discover this instead.

Updates and free items could be collected in one place also, and a news page used to tell us when things have changed. Does anyone else agree here?

Lucius said:
I still think a regularly updated Conan site would generally be an improvement. Rather than have to look through several sites, viewers could find what they need easily, on one site. Also, it would be a perfect place for Mongoose to explain when books have been pushed back from a release date, rather than having to search through pages of the forums to discover this instead.

Updates and free items could be collected in one place also, and a news page used to tell us when things have changed. Does anyone else agree here?

Yes indeed, this would be a nice service from Mongoose!

Yes it would be nice to evolve from a forum based support site to a more "full service" site. I read the Matt Sprange's report on enworld and from the way it sounds, Mongoose may very well surprise us!

René said:
The King said:

Just send an email to Mongoose and enjoy some free stuff. I did so some days ago and received e.g. Acheronian race, chariot rules, Iranistani race, some short adventures - and I never was in the SoC-program! ...
In fact I have all this small extra files, courtesy of EricKRod. :)
I am only missing the erratas. Hence my demonstrative request. :wink:

Back