Where to find the Atlantean Edition

TheEldereye

Mongoose
Hi,

I'm just getting into the Conan RPG. I have the 1st printing with all of the typos and I picked up a 2nd edition with a crummy binding - so I've decided that I'd like to get an Atlantean edition so I'd have fewer typos and a good binding. But I can't finf them anywhere. Does anyone know a good place to pick up a copy?

Thanks!

I picked one up recently on ebay for a few bucks. You might want to try there. Plus, you can turn in your 2nd edition for a better copy. Just email mongoose.

Strom said:
Plus, you can turn in your 2nd edition for a better copy. Just email mongoose.

Really? I don't mean to sound doubtful, but I never even got the new Shadizar map that they said they would mail to me. (I probably shouldn't have typed the preceeding sentence as now this thread will probably get deleted :x ) I would like to exchange my book as now I have few pages that are out. What do I need to do or who do I need to talk to? Anyone specific?

Strom said:
I picked one up recently on ebay for a few bucks. You might want to try there. Plus, you can turn in your 2nd edition for a better copy. Just email mongoose.

Thanks, been trying ebay, lost out on one just the other day and if I had known how tough they were to find I would have bid higher.

My 2nd edition book isn't falling apart it is almost the opposite problem- to much binding glue has made it so the inner part of the page is barely visible, partly hidden by the crack unless you wrench it open, it won't lay open and the covers are warped. Easily the worse bound hardcover manual I've purchased for gaming. Plus the b&w insides just are tough to read - especially the shadowed charts and sidebars.

The game however is great and the best d20 fantasy rule set I've come across.

jrmorgan56 said:
Strom said:
Plus, you can turn in your 2nd edition for a better copy. Just email mongoose.

Really? I don't mean to sound doubtful, but I never even got the new Shadizar map that they said they would mail to me. (I probably shouldn't have typed the preceeding sentence as now this thread will probably get deleted :x ) I would like to exchange my book as now I have few pages that are out. What do I need to do or who do I need to talk to? Anyone specific?

Wait, I can get a new map? Where do I email them at?

Well, I must be lucky because I got both my Shadizar map and my 2nd Ed!
But now it's my Elric books that starting to fall apart...

My replacement 2E book just lost its cover. I'm probably going to take it to Kinko's and just have them spiral bind it or something. :x

flatscan said:
My replacement 2E book just lost its cover. I'm probably going to take it to Kinko's and just have them spiral bind it or something. :x

Well my first page fell out tonight, I contacted Mongoose and they offered to replace it if I sent pictures which was cool, unless the replacements are just as bad. I would gladly pay more money for a better bound book in color.

Kinkos sounds like a great idea...I might just pull mine apart after it looses a few more pages and do that myself.

One of my players did the spiral bound thing. Being able to lay the book flat and turn it in on itself is pretty useful.

TheEldereye said:
flatscan said:

Well my first page fell out tonight, I contacted Mongoose and they offered to replace it if I sent pictures which was cool, unless the replacements are just as bad. I would gladly pay more money for a better bound book in color.

Kinkos sounds like a great idea...I might just pull mine apart after it looses a few more pages and do that myself.

:shock: :cry:

I thought that MGP were supposed to go back to outsourcing their printing/binding issues.

Back