What's Your Race?!

Thorvang

Mongoose
As a player and/or GM, what is your favorite race to run in the Hyborian Age?

As a GM, my favorites are the Picts. I love those twisted, nasty little bastards!! :twisted:

As a Gm i have a tendancy to include the odd Nordheimer here and there. One of the most memorable gaming sessions we had was the characters fraternising with a half a dozen Aesir mercenaries in a tavern in Gunderland. With no real combat except a few friendly wrestling matches one of the players managed to roll 13 natural 20's! That red-headed Zingaran piratess showed up a whole lot of Barbarians and Soldiers. Beating them at arm wrestling, drinking and a whole bunch of gambling games.

As a player however i have too many character ideas i want to try out to say what my favourite is, although straight up Hyborian is pretty reliable when you cant decide just what to play at the time.

Actually, the Hyborian kingdoms are probably the lands I like the least in Conan's world. We tend to play a lot in the Turanian empire and the surrounding lands, notably the Eastern Desert. I also find the Black Kingdoms pretty cool. I guess I find the Hyborian kingdoms a bit too similar to the "traditional" fantasy gaming countries.

Zamorians!!! They are sneaky bastards! A Zamorian thief or scholar is awesome (especially if you use the dagoth hill template for scholar).

I like GM'ing Shemite NPC's. The party has been in Asgalun for quite a while. I read Bertman's Handbook to Life in Ancient Mesopotamia and I guess I just got into them.

I always end up playing a character who looks surprisingly similar to me
( supercilious bastard that I am) in any rpg. So, I've gained a lot of experience in creating reasonable explanations for having "Southernly types" far afield.

Afro-slav

Back