Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Night hawk

• or both

• Total voters

NCO Kleeves

Mongoose
Was-up, I'm a MI player that has faced the deadly Dr. Roster in paradise and every time we go to war he hits my chickenhawk and i thinking of getting a chickenhawk or a nighthawk for back-up.

Well Kleeves, both have their uses; Bigfoot will be running amuk crushing various ground units with its gigantic arms and killing all others with the gigantic plasma cannon on its back, while the chickenhawk will act as an AA platform to take out all in the sky. But it'll take more than that to take out my bug horde buster! Hehehehehehehehehe! :twisted:

As of now, I really like Chickenhawks...they're fantastic! They have immense long range firepower, especially if it's an officer that doesn't need to stay in command range, not to mention it's also the more affordable model :wink: . As for the Nighthawk I have no idea how it'll fair...until tomorrow when I get the MI book!, but my guess is it'll end up with a little heavier weapons...except that'll probably make it even less mobile than the Chickenhawk.

I voted for the Chickenhawk. I can see scenarios where the Nighthawk would certainly be better but, in terms of where the game is today and what players (in my area, at least) are using...frankly...there's not enough Air Phase action to warrant the Nighthawk's big AA missile launcher (and it's associated point-cost) ...YET!

Also, if anybody has to worry about Air assets, it's NOT the MI. If the Arachnids want to attack you with an air unit (i.e., the Hopper) they have to come down to ground level to do it becuase it's only attack is close combat...meaning you don't need the AA to wack'em if they become a threat.

All that said, the mere presence of a Nighthawk-type unit is exciting, becuase it means we are likely to see Air Phase activity which, I think, will really give the game an even more distinct feel. But at this stage, I don't think it's a must-have.

Go with the Chick'n.

G&T

Thanks for the answers. The chicken hawk i have is a NCO so when i do buy a chicken or a night hawk i'll probley pear them up. I mean with the combiened strangh of two chicken hawks i could roll 14 d6s all with +1 and piercing. But with a night and chicken hawk i could have aa back up.

Dr. Rooster said:
Well Kleeves, both have their uses; Bigfoot will be running amuk crushing various ground units with its gigantic arms and killing all others with the gigantic plasma cannon on its back, while the chickenhawk will act as an AA platform to take out all in the sky. But it'll take more than that to take out my bug horde buster! Hehehehehehehehehe! :twisted:
Whoops! Well, between chicken and night, eh, both. Numerous chickens or one good nighthawks fun. Try the bigfoot too if you can. :)

I'd have to agree that as the game stands right now there doesn't seem to be much use for the Nighthawk. Ripplers certainly aren't scary enough to justify it, and Hoppers are almost useless in the air. It makes me think/hope that the Skinnies are going to have some cool air assets!

Quark said:
I'd have to agree that as the game stands right now there doesn't seem to be much use for the Nighthawk. Ripplers certainly aren't scary enough to justify it, and Hoppers are almost useless in the air. It makes me think/hope that the Skinnies are going to have some cool air assets!
Hurray for skinnies! :D (And their future air assets! :p ) Good ol' Matthew Sprange said the skinnies will have air support but not this time 'round. :cry: Oh well. At least they will have em' someday! :)

If you're only going to have two M9s I'd probably go with a second Chickenhawk, for reasons already mentioned. Personally, I'm planning on picking up two Nighthawks for my Marauder platoon, just to be on the safe side.

Back