What Supplements Do You Want?

Exactly. While the Brain Bug is taking all of the credit (they are more like us than you might think, lol), there has to be some individuality or the "Puppetmaster" would suffer from a rapid nervous breakdown. If Humankind ever does conquer the Arachnids though, the Brains would make for great overworked frycooks, eh? :lol:

So, now that most of you guys liked the firefries joke, what did you think of the other stuff? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I don't think all the scenarios need to be from the human perspective - the Big K book would have made more sense as an arachnid campaign than human...
Look at starcraft, it tells a proper story using all 3 sides of the conflict, not just 1...

And ya, Having to buy so many books really wasn't pleasant. Being able to buy them as pdf's however was quite nice, please keep doing that.

How about an Armoury/mutation book compiled for all the races to allow greater customization. something with rules for sidearms would be good. seriously, what soldier, human or alien, would go into battle without a trusty pistol as a backup. especially if they were carrying heavy weapons.

vardald said:
How about an Armoury/mutation book compiled for all the races to allow greater customization. something with rules for sidearms would be good. seriously, what soldier, human or alien, would go into battle without a trusty pistol as a backup. especially if they were carrying heavy weapons.

True, but in Starship Troopers that's what a combat knife is for. If you disable his hand, then your enemy cannot push a button. :wink:

Disclaimer: Offered only with the humor that was intended, and not as a critique of your comments. :D

I think that using a knife against a warrior could be easily classed as suicide. A pistol just makes sense, plus they were used in the animated series which is where the PAMI and many of the skinny models come from, showing that they do have them. if we have .50 pistols now(desert eagles to name one), just imagine what future sidearms will be like.

There are Pistols in SST, or at least the RPG, but I didn't consider them a viable bring over when I was monkeying around with RPG to Wargame stats.

But, to just be fair, I'd say 10" range, d6, Squad, - ?

That sounds good. If your carrying a rocket launcher, you'd want something to defend yourself with at short ranges, rather than blowing youself to pieces when firing at the enemy that is. the 10" range is fairly true to form, as a pistol is sopposed to be a short ranged backup.

Well, arguably you'd be carrying your Morita with you while also toting your heavy weapon...

You'll note that my special weapons troopers still have their Moritas, either clamped to their backpack (As in the show) or on the ground

IMG_0639.jpg

That is the sensible thing, but the rules state that they SWAP their morita for the heavy weapons, indicating that they don't carry them as well. even if they did, they'd still want a sidearm if they run out of ammo or their weapon jams, etc.

They probably should. I know I'd want to keep my rifle. Back on Topic, maybe that's another Supplement that could be done, official versions of rules that appeared in Signs & Portents, as well as other rules based on player feedback from these forums.

Rabidchild said:
If I remember correctly the LAMI with missile launchers got to keep their moritas..

From The MI Army Book:
"Up to two models may replace their Morita Assault Rifle with
underslung G/L with one of the weapon choices below:
- Morita Sniper Rifle with underslung G/L for +5
points.
- Hel Infantry Flamer for +10 points.
- Triple Thud Grenade Launcher for +20 points.
- Javelin Missile Launcher for +40 points.
- M8 Marauder suit for +170 points (see page 31 for
options).
- M9 Marauder suit for +170 points (see page 32 for
options)."

It definately says replace. it's the micro support platforms that don't.

Sorry, I just realised that you said LAMI. I also recall seing that they could keep their moritas somewhere, could have been S&P. I was talking more about PAMI, which were also the pictures shown by Hiromoon.

Back in the Nam, people with M79s (grenade launcher) generally only had a .45 for self defence (and the 79, which had a minimum range, below which the grenade didn't explode, but a direct hit could still shatter a person's ribcage).
During WW2 flamthrower troops rarely had a backup weapon (maybe a pistol, I'm not certain about this) and instead relied on other soldiers to provide cover fire.
Today, grenade launchers are attached to assault rifles and flamethrowers are replaced by thermobaric/incendiary rockets for rocket launchers. Soldiers carrying thosealso carry assault rifles.
Only infantrymen who don't carry an assault rifle are snipers and machine gunners.

I really like source books... but I do hate having to look two or three places for all the rules I need for my army. If there are going to be frequent sourcebooks adding new troop types and options for armies I'd very much like to see updated army books every year or too...

Back