What sort of music do you want?

What genre of music do you want?

• Fantasy (Ruins of the Dragon Lord, Mighty Armies)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horror (Infernum, OGL)

• MORE Cyberpunk / Sci-Fi (OGL, generic)

• Theme Songs for Factions (Gangs)

• Total voters

Stratos

Mongoose
Here's a new poll inquiring what style/genre of RPG music similar to a film score that you would like to own to enhance your game play...

both pure anicent celtic for slaine however feel conan will give you as a artist more challenge from drum roll tribal picts to the evil chants of the cult of set via sea shantys and african war songs the whole world would be some challenge :wink:

toothill man said:
both pure anicent celtic for slaine
I can do this. I've been dying to add ullean pipes to a more ethreal song

however feel conan will give you as a artist more challenge from drum roll tribal picts to the evil chants of the cult of set via sea shantys and african war songs the whole world would be some challenge :wink:

I can do this too. I've got a whole library of tribal drum samples and raw stuff we recorded over a year ago for our Deterioration Furthers horror soundtrack. I've also been experimenting with vocal chants, moans, groans for some upcoming sci-fi (alien) stuff that was to be for WARS but is being released more generic "Space" for cross-promo purposes. I've got the perfect female to help with a lot of vox stuff and I can do male vox.

I'll give both a shot! Can't officially license either product lines but I can do "generic fantasy" to suit them nicely.

I chose symphonic fantasy too, as I enjoy listening to that kind of music even if not roleplaying.

I think horror is well and truly locked up with the Midnight Syndicate guys, but I do have their Dungeons And Dragons soundtrack and it is great, however the tracks are FAR too short, just as you start enjoying something, it ends. So if I had one request, it would be to make the tracks at least 5 minutes long, and maybe a couple of epics around the 10 minute mark :)

spawn said:
I chose symphonic fantasy too, as I enjoy listening to that kind of music even if not roleplaying.

Me too!

I think horror is well and truly locked up with the Midnight Syndicate guys, but I do have their Dungeons And Dragons soundtrack and it is great,

I love MS too! They were my inspiration to compose music targeted at gaming. And they're good friends. But I don't think they have the market cornered on horror... just their own "gothic horror soundtrack" feel. My horror music tends to be more aborignal and/or chaotic where theirs is beautifully scored.

however the tracks are FAR too short, just as you start enjoying something, it ends. So if I had one request, it would be to make the tracks at least 5 minutes long, and maybe a couple of epics around the 10 minute mark :)

Agreed. I ran into this critique with CyberNet as well. My newer music have been hitting the 4+ mark and we're pushing 6 on some.

- Stratos

Mongoose Stratos said:
spawn said:

Me too!

I think horror is well and truly locked up with the Midnight Syndicate guys, but I do have their Dungeons And Dragons soundtrack and it is great,

I love MS too! They were my inspiration to compose music targeted at gaming. And they're good friends. But I don't think they have the market cornered on horror... just their own "gothic horror soundtrack" feel. My horror music tends to be more aborignal and/or chaotic where theirs is beautifully scored.

however the tracks are FAR too short, just as you start enjoying something, it ends. So if I had one request, it would be to make the tracks at least 5 minutes long, and maybe a couple of epics around the 10 minute mark :)

Agreed. I ran into this critique with CyberNet as well. My newer music have been hitting the 4+ mark and we're pushing 6 on some.

- Stratos

I only meant that you would be competing with MS in the horror genre, which might mean less sales overall (I don't know, it may mean you get a boost in sales from all their fans wanting other horror stuff too I guess!)

I REALLY like the sound of the war drums/chanting and so on for Conan that Toothill mentioned, I know you can't use copyrighted names, but music inspired by the Conan game would be great.

Also some medieval elements too, there is a band called Rhapsody who make the perfect music for roleplaying (a lot of their tracks have vocals too though) but their instrumentals are absolutely amazing, so check them out if you are curious (as you said, you liked listening to fantasy styled music!).

Anyway, I look forward to hearing what you come up with if you do a fantasy based album :)

I voted for the techno style Cybernet music for a couple of reasons; First, I play mostly sci-fi games, and it fits the mood. Second, when I'm painting minis or working on my comic book project, your first 2 releases really get my creativity flowing. I do really enjoy fantasy/celtic music, and like kiln publications would love to hear a steampunk themed set too, but for my money, techno gets me going better. That's my 2. :wink:

Just and update (and bump)

Totals as of right now...
What genre of music do you want?
Fantasy (Ruins of the Dragon Lord, Mighty Armies) 47% [ 9 ]
Horror (Infernum, OGL) 15% [ 3 ]
MORE Cyberpunk / Sci-Fi (OGL, generic) 26% [ 5 ]
Theme Songs for Factions (Gangs) 10% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 19

I have a local comic con I set up as a performer. Usually the same thru crowd but I'm going to ask this question of them to get a feeler from the general public.

I officially allow myself to contest this poll because myths & legends (D20 Slaine and OGL Ancients) weren't included.
:evil:

The King said:
I officially allow myself to contest this poll because myths & legends (D20 Slaine and OGL Ancients) weren't included.
:evil:

Lol! Ancients came fall under my idea for fantasy. Slaine was already addressed in a comment to the poll... and I can't get an official license to make official music but I can make tribal/celtic style music for both games and Conan (since it was in the same post).

- Stratos

that would be great. :D
I can imagine you could provide one or two music tracks per Hyborian kingdom with Viking-like sound for Nordheim and something more exotic for Turan and Khitai.

But I am not sure that fantasy would suit OGL Ancients very well. Greek, Egyptian and Middle-eastern (Mesopotamia) music were probably very different from what we could expect from, say Ruins of the Dragon Lord.

There is some crossover though, I mean an Arabian/Middle Eastern/Egyptian styled track could cover a desert themed session in any RPG as the music invokes thoughts of it easily, it doesn't need to be setting specific really.

Back