What is known of the Shianti?

ander

Mongoose
A player of mine (Dessi mage) is investigating the Shianti. What, if anything, is known of that race in 5000 MS?
PCs are about to start an adapted (to their level and the developments in the campaign) version of BMR.
Regards,
Andrea

for "normal" players, not much is know about the shianti

they are legends godlike beings with great magical power and wisdom, for details
well you get a glimpse at them in GS 1 and in LW 22 ( if i remember cor.) futher info is also in the free download adventure from mongoose

No, I mean, I know who the Shianti are; the point is, if the PCs do research, what can they find?
I am asking because they are playing Blood Moon Rising, and they have been involved with the Shianti before, so the matter is somewhat important for the campaign.

For information about the Shianti see the entry for "The Isle of Lorn" in the Gazetter. The first GS book has a little about them in the begining and you can learn some of their teachings by observing what Grey Star says and does in the books. He mentions a text called "The Way of the Shianti" on several occasions and even quotes passages from it. In the History section of the "Lone Wolf RPG" book you will find enterys that tell about their history in regards to how they affected Magnamunds overall history.
Also see the "Magic Items" section for information about the Moonstone and a suit of Crystal Armor (one of the three things that will protect you from the Dagger of Vashna). Also look to the Dessi entrys, they are both of the Old Race so some similaritys should exist. That is about all I can think of at the moment so I hope it helps. :)

Keep in mind that they're not entirely forgotten in Southern Magnamund (Grey Star winds up in a prison cell with a Shianti priest, after all), so SOME lore still exists, as distorted as it might be (people seeing them as gods, etc).

I'd say in Northern Magnamund, there's probably not much known save by certain groups, like the Sages of Varetta - after all, even the Magician's Guild refers to the Shianti who once dwelled in Kalte (or the Graveyard near Holmgard) as the Ancients. Even the NAME Shianti has been apparently forgotten there...

ander said:
A player of mine (Dessi mage) is investigating the Shianti. What, if anything, is known of that race in 5000 MS?
PCs are about to start an adapted (to their level and the developments in the campaign) version of BMR.
Regards,
Andrea

A dessi mage would likely know all there is to know about the Shianti in the outside world, provided they put an effort into researching this topic.

It is through the aid of the Elder Magi in LW 22 that the New Order hero is able to travel to Isle of Lorn, and most of the background information earlier on is provided by them.

Just remember that this Lore might be available only from the Secret Library of the Regnanti... Which may limit it's availability to 20th-Level Mages of Dessi.

As GM, you are free to make the knowledge as hard to gain access to as suits your long-term plans for the group.

I dig up that thread too to ask a question about the Shianti :

how long the true Shianti of the isle of Lorn live ? Are they immortal, or nearly immortal ?

How aged is Shasarak ? Several millenia ?

Eric

... of the Shianti themselves is that they are effectively immortal.

If you need a similar power to review I'd suggest having a look at the L18 Wytch Childe "first great rite" which bases it's power on the Wytch drawing in energy from the Daziarn to achieve this effect.

I believe the Shianti are somewhat more skilled and advanced in their use and understanding of the Daziarn Plane. And that this sort of thing likely comes even more naturally to them.

Back