What is Conan the RPG's Future?

jd0892

Mongoose
It appears the future releases list from Conan has grown very small in the last few months with only one product being listed currently and at least one other dropped. What other things have you got in the pipeline?I'm very curious.

Well, Matt Sprange posted the following at EN World regarding Conan releases for the coming year...

Matt Sprange at EN World said:
...Oh, lots of goodies for Conan Let's see, we have Tito's Trading Post, Stygia, Shem, Faith & Fervour - and my personal favourite, Hyborian Empires.

Think Birthright in Hyboria...

An area that I belive that Mongoose should consider looking into is the history of the Hyborian Age.

Material given in REH's essay provides a rich background for setting creation and vivid roleplaying. Also, passing mention in several of the stories gives us an idea of the scope of the Acheron Empire and their attempt to enslave the entire western half of the thurian contenent. IMO, this is a setting book that screams to be written.

the release schedule is for the major sourcebooks. I guess there will be also small 32-pages adventures.

Looks like 2006 is looking very good for the RPG. Mayhap in '07 we will get a 2nd edition in a boxed set with minatures.

8)

Alas, the question always boils down to dollars, doesn't it? Although Conan is quite the rave with this group, does anyone know how Mongoose is doing with the line or as a company? I have to assume well, but you never know.....Any insight?

Also wondering how Conan is doing in comparision to some of the other RPG games out there as far as popularity and distribution. Or, at least to the other Mongoose product lines. The answer probably lies within there somewhere as to future product.

My own personal opinion is that the Conan stuff is great quality work. From printing, rules and playability, adherence to R.E. Howard, FUN, etc. I personally will pick up every thing Mongoose publishes as it pertains to Conan (even the PDF's!) and there is still a lot to cover before we can roam Hyboria freely.

MadDog said:
Definitely needs a second edition or a FAQ/Errata release.

Mad Dog

Only if it doesn't invalidate current releases. And I wouldn't say it's a must (I'm using the Hyborian Edition and no problems so far... but I'm a rules-light GM :) ).

High Lord Dee said:
Alas, the question always boils down to dollars, doesn't it? Although Conan is quite the rave with this group, does anyone know how Mongoose is doing with the line or as a company? I have to assume well, but you never know.....Any insight?

You can see how we are doing as a company in the 2006 post in the General forum.

As for Conan - we consider it one of our leading RPG titles!

msprange said:
High Lord Dee said:

You can see how we are doing as a company in the 2006 post in the General forum.

As for Conan - we consider it one of our leading RPG titles!

This is very good news! I seem to be the guy that dives into a game only to see it come to an ubrupt end. Upwards and Onwards. Hopefully, you can make enough silver pieces to talk about the Kull license in a few years and keep us excited about our campaigns and buying new product.

Thanks for the response.

HLD

I'm glad the RPG is healthy. It has pretty much become the only game I buy. (Well except for a few Iron Heroes titles.)

I wish the books were available over here on the month they're suppose to. I was hoping to have Hyboria's Fallen by now, but alas, with xmas appraoching I fear it'll have to wait till next year now, and my economical priorities need to shift.

SS

Back