What happened to the A2089 forum???

Götterfunke

Mongoose
Hi, Team Mongoose!
I just entered your homepage and realized that the A2089 forum disappeared.....what happened to my beloved A2089 !!

To lastbesthope and all A2089 lovers out there!

What do you expect from a new A2089 tabletop-strategy game?

New scenarios (f.e. moon), new political treaties and fractions, new warmek factories and warmeks.....and cool warmek miniatures.

Having played ACTA now, one thing I'd like is something a little more complex than that for A2089. ACTA was a little simplistic for me (but then, I play and enjoy B5W and SFB...)

Götterfunke said:
To lastbesthope and all A2089 lovers out there!

What do you expect from a new A2089 tabletop-strategy game?

New scenarios (f.e. moon), new political treaties and fractions, new warmek factories and warmeks.....and cool warmek miniatures.

Counters so it can be played without buying another ton of models I'll never get round to painting!

And as my esteemed coposter mentions, a more complicated ruleset than ACTA has. To reflect all the crunchiness in the A:2089 rules.

LBH

Hello, everybody!
I`m against more complicate rules - perhaps there should be a beginner version and a veteran one, but , and that`s my main criticism, the A2089 roleplaying game was too complicated......!

ACTA was a success because everbody was able to understand the rules....

So my proposal for a A2089 game is: fast learning rules which will be expandable....for veterans.

I'd go for that but I've seen the problems that can create. I've played Star Fleet Arguments.........errrr Battles and it seems whenever people try to play that game they try to throw every rule in there regardless of how many people are familiar with it which doesn't help.

Pretty much I'd say keep it to one rules set with maybe some additions for an advanced game.

To everybody:
Do you have some imaginations of the new A2089 universe.
If I can remember right, there will be new battlegrounds on the moon...

An A:2089 minis game has been suggested as an idea. I'd be interested.

If you want a taste of the A:2089 universe without buying the RPG, buy the novel "Standing Alone". I'm sure Mark humphries will fix you up with one if you ask nicely, they had a few at the Open Day.

LBH

Yes, in the version of the A2089 background I've done for the revised backgorund book there are new places to kill one another. The moon and Mars being two. Milton Keynes sounds like fun as well...

I seem to recall nuking Swindon at one point. The glowing rubble might be fun to fight over though.

I've never been to Swindon. My reasons for wanting to nerve gas Middlesborough in Standing Alone, and nuke it in Standing Together, do stem from having worked there....

Shooting up Bridlington was a favour to a friend., and as to Manchester... nobody would notice anyway....

Back