What do Centauri Players Want?

emperorpenguin said:
I'm not going to comment on ships stats as 1) it's getting old and 2) the playtest Centauri for v2 look very cool!

The point here was to focus the change discussion down to individual race threads. I was getting tired of watching thread hijacks to go down other routes.

As for the playtest, great. Unfortunatly, the majority of players won't see those results for some time. Thus we are stuck talking to each other as to what we would like to see. Hopefully V2 centauri are 'Balanced' cool and not "We pwn yooz!" cool.

Apachex said:
emperorpenguin said:
I'm not going to comment on ships stats as 1) it's getting old and 2) the playtest Centauri for v2 look very cool!

The point here was to focus the change discussion down to individual race threads. I was getting tired of watching thread hijacks to go down other routes.

As for the playtest, great. Unfortunatly, the majority of players won't see those results for some time. Thus we are stuck talking to each other as to what we would like to see. Hopefully V2 centauri are 'Balanced' cool and not "We pwn yooz!" cool.

Hey Apache no criticism was intended, just that I've read/contributed to such debate plenty already so didn't want to chip in with my thoughts on the Centauri fleet yet again! :D

Lord David the Denied said:
Hopefully the new Centauri as less beam-happy and less dominated by a handful of ship classes. Let's see every ship on the list actually useful, including fighters.
Fighters are a big thing for 2nd ed. to get right. For the most part things seem to be going ok although we're a long way from completion.

Need a uber powerful skirmish ship with beams, 2 turns & interceptors. Then i can teach nasty Early era EA withs missles & crap a real lesson. :lol:
Making the Rutarian easy usable & useful would be nice. By usable i mean comes ships that aren't War or Armagedon lvl. Useful means they cost an extra patrol pt to get because they just aren't worth it.
BTW i am joking about uber ship just in case someone misses the lol thingy.

Back