What Are Your RuneQuest Plans?

I just snagged my main rulebook copy at my FLGS last night and I am already scheming about how to convert my 3.5 D&D group. My plans (beyond that conversion) include:

1. Hauling out my old RQ campaign material and updating; taking my existing 3.5 campaign material and retooling to RQ. This campaign has been using D&D for more than 15 years now, but it was once at home in Runequest circa 1988-1990 so it will be very nice to get the old realm back to its original home.

2. I am not waiting for any other books, though I shall integrate them as they appear at the flgs. If I can swing it I want a new campaign starting by next weekend, roar!

3. Not a Glorantha fan (at least, not as a GM), but I will be picking up those books, if only to peruse and borrow from for ideas and scenarios. I've always preferred my own world-building experience to using canned product....

I'll start bringing back the Sarandur web pages that I gave up on a few years ago, with its low magic RQ setting. I'll probably start working on some alternative magic rules, since I don't think there'll be Rune Magic in Sarandur at all.

A low (no?) magic bronze age setting or possibly Vikings.

I have had the plot ideas for years but never a system to use - though the Bronze age game might benefit from using Pendragon instead because of the multi-generational approach. I bought the new edition of it at the same time as Runequest but I have scarcely looked at it while reading RQ.

I must borrow a friends copy of the old RQ Vikings and see how compatible it is. I am unwilling to pay for my own copy - £40 on Ebay! Oh well, I reckon I know enough to wing it if necessary.

For the moment I'll probably keep working on my homebrew rules and campaign. Will keep buying the Gloranthan setting books until the setting seems to be reasonably complete and then run a 2nd age campaign to see how things go.

Vadrus

Back