Welcome to the Star Fleet Universe!

DM, we are only responsible for what we know exists. That means the official forums and anything that is reported to us. ADB is a small company and we have other things to do than police the web. If we notice something, we deal with it.

I know you are, but you hinted that even stuff you didn't know about could land you in hot water with Paramount, and you've indicated that fans creating stuff could cause real IP problems. It would seem prudent to include statements or warnings to that effect where you know customers will see it (i.e. the rules). From a legal perspective I could see that, heavens forbid, you did end up in some legal wranglings, it would stand you in good stead if you had done that as you could then argue that you has done as much as was reasonably practicable to prevent IP infringement by doing so. Just my $0.02

DM, our lawyer who specializes in IP, seems to think what we have in place is sufficient. As pointed out, our policy is posted on our website. The moment we become aware of a site that infringes on our IP, we act. If Paramount's IP is affected, we notify them when we become aware of it. That is all a reasonable person could ask.

I do thank you for your concern. :) It is nice to see someone who wants to protect our IP.

I only mention it because I've been involved in various IP-related discussions over recent years (in different industries, but where the stakes involved where way above anyone's pay grade here) where everyone's understanding was crystal clear UNTIL legal problems arose at which point "good enough" tended to become "completely inadequate". But if your guys have it covered then that's great.

timeslip, the 2400 line should be usable since the distance is measured from the center post. Using them in an official tournament would be a question that should be posed to Mongoose.

Maybe if he had slipped back in time, he would have seen Matthew's post on that very question. :mrgreen:

Or he could slip to the future, see himself playing with them in the tourney, then not only would he know, he'd be able to select the winning fleet. :twisted:

Well, just back from the past. :shock:

Thanks for the info. Just have too many 2400 ships to not use them. Even in a tourny.
George 8)

While designed for roleplayers, this introduction to the Star Fleet Universe might interest you -- and it is free. :)

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB8000

Introduction to the Star Fleet Universe: Prime Directive and Roleplaying

Ever wondered just what is the Star Fleet Universe? Want to find out?

This short introduction provides some of the background, "geography," timeline, mysteries, and a quick look at the species inhabiting the Star Fleet Universe. It can also be used as a brief introduction of what is "known" for new players at demos and conventions. Come game with us in the Star Fleet Universe!

One of the things that folks who are new to the Star Fleet Universe rarely recognize is that we have a lot of free "stuff" for our players. Timelines, history, maps, insignia, free Ship Cards, wallpapers, and newsletters are all available (and Hailing Frequencies usually has a serialized story in it).

You can find more information by following this link: http://federationcommander.blogspot.com/2012/03/free-stuff-for-star-fleet-universe.html

I should have thought of posting that here earlier, but I didn't until just now. :oops:

Jean

hay can sfb cover the phase 2 star trek stuff ? they are set in the classic show and seem to use some ships sfb covers eg the fed tug . they can be found on youtube fan stuff yes but well done with good effects

Back