Was lone wolf always a telepath?

stormgod

Mongoose
So i am reading up on psychic combat, and i see that if you are able to make the attack action with psychic combat, you are also able to speak telepathically with other people. First off, this is totally cool, like getting a new power for free. My question is, could lone wolf always do this? I don't remember him ever speaking telepathically in the books.

Me neither. The way I see it, both the emitter and the receiver had to be telepath for communication to work properly.
IIRC, telepathy was mostly a combat thing and most telepaths LW encountered were ennemies anyway, so no place for pleasant silent conversation...

Go for the eyes, boo, go for the eyes!
(a Baldur's Gate citation taken out of context)
[That's what happens when you type on forums instead of sleeping]
{100 XP to the first to tell the name of the character who said that}

I remember only two places where Lone Wolf got all telepathical, book 9 and book 11. They were not manditory (actually you needed Divination and a certain rank), so the scene is easily avoidable.

SableWyvern said:
The bald ranger guy.

Do I win a consolation prize for nearly getting it?
:lol: Close, but no cigar. I need the name. It's sad, really, you would have win a giant Space Hamster (or Mongoose).

Yeah, that's right.

Admins and Mongoose Staff hog the limelight; loyal consumer fanbase be damned.

:wink:

PS: I was just about to say Minsc. Really, I was ...

Sable Wyvern,

Sore loser, bad liar.

Man, not fair - I was at work and couldn't reply until now....

I WANT XP!!!!

(Sorry, disregard last comment as I have been GM-ing way too long, and have not played a game myself in ages....)

Congrats Ian, you get an extra 50 XP for that quote, for a whooping sum of 150 XP.
And since I'm feeling generous, I'll give 35 XP to SableWyvern and Adgramaine for their effort. :D

Wow, it's good to feel so generous ! :twisted: :lol:

redlaco said:
Me neither. The way I see it, both the emitter and the receiver had to be telepath for communication to work properly.
Not necessarily: B4§223, the Itikar-ridden Vassagonian captain curses Lone Wolf. Since this is pre-Magnakai, Lone Wolf may not be at telepath at this time. Plus (except if we consider a telepath-scanning ability), this captain just sent a curse without caring whether or not Lone Wolf is a telepath (which must be rare). Ergo, I'd say one can telesend without the necessity for the receiver to be a telepath.

Madbiologist said:
I remember only two places where Lone Wolf got all telepathical, book 9 and book 11. They were not manditory (actually you needed Divination and a certain rank), so the scene is easily avoidable.

He also communicates telepathically with Banedon in Book 14, and attempts to communicate telepathically with Banedon in Book 18.

The Discipline of Telegnosis at the level Sun Knight gives the following ability:

Sun Knights who possess this Discipline are able to communicate telepathically over great distances. Initially the range of this ability is approximately 100 miles, but this distance increases as a Grand Master rises in rank.

-GB

Back