WarMek stealth-design request

LordRahvin

Mongoose
Client: Shogun's Lancers Class IV Mercenary Squad
Base of Operations: Egypt
Contract Type: WarMek purchase

Shogun's Lancers is putting out a general call to third-party WarMek construction companies. We are in need of a new scout warmek with stealth capabilities to operate on independant scouting missions. Please submit us the latest catalog of your best stealth warmek designs.

European-based companies need not respond.

--David Shogun, chief comms officer
Shogun's Lancers

Elfman Unlimited, in conjunction with DCC Mekhanical would like to place a bid, but we need further information before we can create our design. Please tell us:

- Budget
- Any size limitations.
- Any special requirements (example: must have ATIROS)

ELFMAN UNLIMITED
Providing Intelligent Solutions at Affordable Prices

DCC Mekhanical
"Crush all you want, we'll make more."

Elfman Unlimited representative,

Our request for a new mech design is a fairly open-ended offer designed for our mutual benefit, in accordance with recent bad dealings with Ipex Independant involving the Ra Initiative. We have no budget limitations not because we have such significant funding, but we have contacts with other mercenary groups that may be interested in any of your proposals that don't meet with our standards.

Quality is the upmost importance. We leave the technical standards (size limits, etc.) up to your technicians and strategists. We only ask that you do not work with European-based corporations. Thank you.

Small - Powerfull - Invisible

The Prowler

Now Available to Pre-Order.....

General Release Jan 2090

Test Bed Machines currently available for Field Testing - Apply directly to Tac-Tek for more information.

"Man, I've never seen anything so Goddamn..... Invisible. When it's Active, its a beast, but the best function is the Static Recon Mode. With Multi Cloak Netting Dispencers and an Improved Stand-By system, when stationary, this thing really is invisible. I heard Brants First and Finest are test-bedding the Netting and Stand-By systems in Liverpool (UK) right now. We all know that Brants Specializes in Deep Strike Operations from Air or Sea, and have adapted the technology as a means of reducing their visibility at R.O.D. sites while In-Mission. The Prowler looks like it could come out of this years Scout-Mek Poll as one of the top three. Only problem with it is the Price. You pay for the Systems that you put in these things. You pay through the nose....." - Erik Forrester (Commander - "Void Hawks" Mek Company)

Elfman Unlimited presents

THE CROCODILE

A stealthy scout mek with extended field and submersible capabilities. Let the design speak for itself.

(Standby Mode and Living Quarters were taken from the "Warmachines" source book. The periscope is my design)

Elfman said:
Elfman Unlimited presents

THE CROCODILE

Although I did not thoroughly analyze the design specs I see some problems as listed.

The Right leg lists equipment totaling 7 Hard Pts but should only hold 3 Hard Pts.

The Lt weight NBC shielding is all in the leg and somehow protects the entire mech from radiation. This is a minor glitch in the design system, it lists 3 + 2 Hard Pts but not where these have to come from. Reason would dictate 3 Torso and 2 Head since it is meant to protect the pilot.

You list NBC shielding and Escape Cocoon. Since they both protect the pilot did you get the shielding just for the rest of the mech?

Submersible Capability is mounted in one leg. The description implies this is a set of aux propulsion motors. It should be mounted in Torso or split between both legs. Same goes for the Heat Sinks.

Overall a good design.

Lane Shutt said:
Although I did not thoroughly analyze the design specs I see some problems as listed.

The Right leg lists equipment totaling 7 Hard Pts but should only hold 3 Hard Pts.
My mistake. In my notes I wrote down the wrong value for the Lightweight NBC shielding, and wrote the 1 from the mass column instead.

Lane Shutt said:
The Lt weight NBC shielding is all in the leg and somehow protects the entire mech from radiation. This is a minor glitch in the design system, it lists 3 + 2 Hard Pts but not where these have to come from. Reason would dictate 3 Torso and 2 Head since it is meant to protect the pilot.
I agree with the philosophy that it's where it *should* go, but there are rules for specific placement of some items (such as stealth mode which must go to torso, and ammo must be adjacent or same to auto-load) and no mention of placement here. This leads me to assume that somehow the majority of the device can be mounted in one location, with the rest distributed around in such a way to not interfere with the hard points of other locations. We might have a situation where the 3+2 is the location of the power junctions and control mechanisms and where they attach to the frame, while the real system is distributed over the whole Mek. We're talking future tech here, so things that we can't understand may be possible.

Lane Shutt said:
You list NBC shielding and Escape Cocoon. Since they both protect the pilot did you get the shielding just for the rest of the mech?
Actually there are other benefits to the cocoon, such as the reduced damage to the pilots. And NBC shielding over the entire Mek makes it easier to repair and refit when it returns from a mission in which it encountered NBC threats.

Lane Shutt said:
Submersible Capability is mounted in one leg. The description implies this is a set of aux propulsion motors. It should be mounted in Torso or split between both legs. Same goes for the Heat Sinks.
First of all, I disagree that the rules imply a set of aux propulsion motors. Submersed Meks still have to walk along the bottom, which to me implies that there isn't an alternate set of propulsion. However, even if it were true that propulsion was a part of it, the rules don't allow for splitting of things such as that. They also don't require the Submersible Capability to be "balanced" in any way. While you make a good point logically, it's not the only possible conclusion and there's really no problem game mechanics-wise in doing it this way. If it bothers you, tell yourself the heat sinks and submersible capability hard points are split up equally on both legs.

Lane Shutt said:
Overall a good design.
Thank you. The NBC is a blatant problem though, I'll most likely just rip it out and replace it with plain ol' BC shielding. I know you'll hate to see it all in one leg, but you can pretend it's distributed over the whole Mek with just the control and power junctions in the leg. :)

I'll post a fixed version of the Crocodile before noon (pacific time, usa) tomorrow (Oct. 3rd).

Elfman said:
I agree with the philosophy that it's where it *should* go, but there are rules for specific placement of some items (such as stealth mode which must go to torso, and ammo must be adjacent or same to auto-load) and no mention of placement here.

I agree that some of the NBC shielding can be away from the crew, the filters and over pressure blowers, but the physical shielding should be where the crew and life support are.

Other than the "no damage to mech from radiation" I do not see any advantage from the shielding over the Cocoon.

There are other cases where "something" got left out of the book.

I'm working on some new rules for NBC that would change some of the equipment and their effects.

Elfman said:
I disagree that the rules imply a set of aux propulsion motors. Submersed Meks still have to walk along the bottom, which to me implies that there isn't an alternate set of propulsion.

Other than seals, which are distributed, there are few reasons for the Sub Capability to take up a hard point. Those are propulsion and hatches for the air intake/ exhaust.

IMHO Sub Capable should have mass but not hard points like the fire extinguishers.

--
Lane Shutt

I fixed the NBC shielding problem :oops: by replacing it with simple BC shielding. The link above now goes to the updated sheet.

PRESS RELEASE:
From the new company of Grimm Weapons, comes their first Warmek design (still in the Prototype stage), The Hathcock Scout/Hunter.
Designed to both provide you with Battlefield intelligence, and deny it to the enemy. To reduce its profile it carries no active sensors only a powerful multispectrum array of passives, and a Las-Comm to provide low signature, high security communication. It has a full array of stealth features(Multi-Cloaking, Stealth, and improved Heatsinks), is fully submersible, and can travel at better than 105kmh. As a scout hunter it is armed with a 200mm Railgun, allowing a powerful long range sniping ability with a low thermal signature, a back up Heavy laser for staying power, and almost 10tons of Shape Memory armor to let it use it.
Stealth.Speed.Firepower. All for less than $39,000,000
"If you're going to battle, go Grimm"
(A little expensive, mostly because of the orbital alloys, but fairly capable- intended primarily as a scout/sniper (MOS 0321))

Back