Vordak Gems

thought this should be brought up.
one reason i liked vordaks in the gamebooks was the gem was so cool, i think owning one has saved lonewolf atleast twice and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on uses for vordak gems, apart from a spare lifesource (handy if any necromantic energies try to steal your soul) or an instant forest (if the vordak is up to his knees in dried grass when he dies)

IIRC, the Vordak gems were harmful. Throw them away as soon as you see them!

They DID have uses (disrupting magic, etc), but they were definitely "evil" energy, and could probably corrupt their bearers in the same way a Doomstone can (after all, simply carrying the Doomstone too long in Caverns of Kalte kills you).

I'd venture to say that the uses of a Vordak gem are probably FAR greater for someone walking the Left-Hand path... though if a Right-Hand sorcerer used one somehow, it might "taint" whatever use they put it to.

Lone Wolf, of course, could really only use them in a brute-force kind of way, magically-inept as he is.

ParanoidObsessive said:
I'd venture to say that the uses of a Vordak gem are probably FAR greater for someone walking the Left-Hand path... though if a Right-Hand sorcerer used one somehow, it might "taint" whatever use they put it to.
umm shouldnt it be put the other way around? left handed is the noble magic, right is dark sided

It would probably cool if someone used a vordak gem to power a skyship hehehe as a gm i can only think of the chaos that would cause :twisted:

Wannabe Drakkar said:
umm shouldnt it be put the other way around? left handed is the noble magic, right is dark sided

Yeah, that was what I meant. I blame it on being tired, and on the fact that in real-life occultism, it's the other way around (Right-hand = good, Left-Hand = bad). :oops:

As for the Vordak skyship... maybe that's something the Darklords come up with after capturing a skyship and reverse engineering it? :lol:

I was kinda curious about those, if they were just Vordak remains, or if Vordaks were created from them. I could easily imagine them as a focus for the Nadziranim, who with a few spells could recreate the same Vordak from its crystal. I don't think they really were that powerful, though, certainly not enough to power a skyship. Otherwise the Darklords would be sacrificing Vordaks left and right to build skyships and other fun stuff. The only time I remember using one, in the Graveyard of the Ancients, the gem and the undead king might have created a sort of resonance of necromantic energies that built up and exploded.

hehehehe why stop at one gem? its perfectly acceptable to kill dark creatures, and if ya find a use for their remains.... anyone wanna borrow "nadziranim for dummies" after i'm done reading it? :twisted:

Back