Votes: 0 0.0%
  • paint over them

• other; describe below

• Total voters

Mr Evil

Mongoose
Yup will you paint your visors ? leave them off altogether ? or put them on as intended ?

or maybe you have another idea ?

would love to hear.

I used mine as intended on the squads I built and i really like them. They cast a nice yellow back light glow on the faces underneath which is cool.

For the helmet I have hanging on my LT.'s belt I blacked ou the fqce underneath and it looks empty which is cool.

my question is how well does all the hard work into painting the faces of the trooper. show through the visor??? should i exzerate the shadows and the high lights to make the face more visible. or is it fine the way it is?? SICON command wants to know?

i found it mutes the detail a bit, it actualy doese a trick on the eye like a goldfish bowl, so the face looks closer to the visor than it is, has any one else noticed that ?

MattRendar said:
my question is how well does all the hard work into painting the faces of the trooper. show through the visor??? should i exzerate the shadows and the high lights to make the face more visible. or is it fine the way it is?? SICON command wants to know?

I went for a strong shadowing so that the facial features( eyes, etc.) are distinct because with the visor added it all gets diffused a bit so no need to go cazy.

ive put one on as intended, but it just didnt look right, painted tamia smoke on it, an improvment.. still didnt feel comfortabel, so ive painted it gold with a brown ink wash... still not sure lol..

think i may leave them off,, still undecided.

Mr Evil said:
ive put one on as intended, but it just didnt look right, painted tamia smoke on it, an improvment.. still didnt feel comfortabel, so ive painted it gold with a brown ink wash... still not sure lol..

think i may leave them off,, still undecided.

visor are fickle, we must burn incense, and chant to appese them :lol:

Yet again another scary post...

Am i the only one who the topic title reminds me off;

Cadbury cream eggs, How will you eat yours?

lastbesthope said:
Not the only one Danny, and it's creme eggs!

LBH

Yeah i put that down. But My IE speller said it was wrong so i changed it.. Defective internet spelling tool!

You could always learn to spell!

My excuse for any mistakes on these forums is not bad spelling, it's bad typing! My spelling is perfect!

8)

LBH

lastbesthope said:
You could always learn to spell!

My excuse for any mistakes on these forums is not bad spelling, it's bad typing! My spelling is perfect!

8)

LBH

*grumbles incoherently.*

I am leaving them off for now, except for the sergeants. That way I know exactly where Sgt. Danny and Sgt. Byram are at all times! :D

They are sneaky buggers, you've gotta keep an eye on them at all times, never know when they will wander off topic.

I was also thinking about doing the NCO and Lt. this way, but now I am think of putting them into Apes. I have seen the officers get killed way too quickly in the demo games!

dyssnowman said:
I am leaving them off for now, except for the sergeants. That way I know exactly where Sgt. Danny and Sgt. Byram are at all times! :D

They are sneaky buggers, you've gotta keep an eye on them at all times, never know when they will wander off topic.

I was also thinking about doing the NCO and Lt. this way, but now I am think of putting them into Apes. I have seen the officers get killed way too quickly in the demo games!

Haha... thanks for the laugh snow!

Hmmm... Yeah, I was considering of putting the lieutenant and NCO in a M8 APE. Cause then its alright decent armour.

Back