Vassal ACTA v7.2 and 7.3 link too

Isn't the point of playing a computer based version of his wonderful game to amke it so we don't HAVE to use rulers, tape measures, and and other hand held measuring devices? :D

Ok, i changed the asteroid/dust/planets/fire template counters all to the same color-depth in the hope it would solve the out of memory error, unfortunately it didn't show any improvement :(
I knew Vassal had problems dealing with large counters , the size of the fire arc template 12v12, when used in combination with other large stellar debris counters is the problem.
Its not such the size of the template as it is the repeated placement of it and the resources taken up by zooming in and out too.

Why is the fire arc template 12x12 anyway?
Its mostly used for judging emines and explosion coverage. With mines 3inch radius and explosion 4inch radius wouldn't it be better to reduce the size to 8x8?
Such a sized arc template would reduce the occurances of memory failure by 33%.

You said that you would like to know if there are more counters that need to be changed? Unfortunately the Abbai Alanti OBS still have the Narn OBS counter. I don't know if there are any more but that is one that I found.

dont think theres any other orbital defense sat counters, if you look most races have the narn one but as generally only 1 person in a game has these satelites its not much of a problem anyway.

one thing to note, vassal itself is updated to 2.9.4 as current version, if you havent already then visit the main site and upgrade your vassal.

http://www.vassalengine.org/community/index.php

Sorry for the bump, but have a related newbie question.

Downloaded the latest ACTA vassal builds, but I'm not seeing a mod file. How do you go from the build/images files to a created mod file so you can actually play?

Thanks!

the zip file linkes IS the mod file, dont extract it simply open it in Vassal :)

It should work as a zip file but if it doesnt just rename the file extension from .zip or .rar or whatever it is to .mod and youre all set :)

Ah, gotcha.

Yeah, that's a pretty weird way to do it. LOL.

Thanks so much!

Yeah, great resource, I'm going to tinker with it this week.

Just another thing to delay my Scarran Dreadnought mod.... Heheheh.

Back