VAS Version 1

TrevorAllen

Mongoose
I understand that older rules get revised, for freshness and commercial reasons, and have no problems with that at all. However, I was one of the original players of VAS in 2006, playing competitions, and although there were 1 or 2 oddball rules I generally found them a very good ruleset. I have both VAS and OOB and have a reasonable amount of British and German German ships in both 1/3000 (my preferred scale) and 1/6000. Until this lockdown I had plenty of Navwar lead knocking around as well, and consequently have just finished these, including the large convoy. I have a couple of players in my area that are prepared to play, and as we will be a small group, and I am happy to supply both fleets, for one off and campaign games I am looking for a second set of VAS (1) and OOB. If it was available on pdf I would be happy but as yet I have not found any version one rulesets in any format.

If anyone has them please contact me with a price, as it always helps to have a set for each player present.

Having not seen V2 were there many changes?

I also note that Cruel Seas are using the same name - is this Warlord doing their own thing, or is it an upgrade/V3?

If anyone out there in the UK still has an interest in V1 then obviously I would be ecstatic to hear from them for potential opposition.

I'm a VaS1 player too. I got 4 large fleets at 1/3000 from Navwar (German, British, US and Japanese). I love these rules, they are easy to play, may be a little hard to understand as far as radar and/or night/bad weather are concerned, but generally it's ok. I read Vas2, and I think it was not necessary to make a second rule.
I also have 3 or 4 players in may area and we play as often as we can, and everyone think it's a good rule.

I have VaS1 and OOB booklets and on pdf and can send it to you for free (pdf, not books).

Unfortunatly I live in France, but it would be a pleasure to get opposition from a British player (playing Royal Navy of course)

Excuse me for my poor English, French people are not famous for their proficiency of foreign languages

You can find a few battle reports of my battles with friens of mine on this forum

kamenski said:
Unfortunatly I live in France, but it would be a pleasure to get opposition from a British player (playing Royal Navy of course)

You will find we retained the French fleet in the new version of the game, as well as added a great deal more background on what the French fleets were doing throughout the war!

kamenski said:
I'm a VaS1 player too. I got 4 large fleets at 1/3000 from Navwar (German, British, US and Japanese). I love these rules, they are easy to play, may be a little hard to understand as far as radar and/or night/bad weather are concerned, but generally it's ok. I read Vas2, and I think it was not necessary to make a second rule.
I also have 3 or 4 players in may area and we play as often as we can, and everyone think it's a good rule.

I have VaS1 and OOB booklets and on pdf and can send it to you for free (pdf, not books).

Excuse me for my poor English, French people are not famous for their proficiency of foreign languages

You can find a few battle reports of my battles with friens of mine on this forum

That's very generous, I've sent you a DM with my email address

[/quote]

That's very generous, I've sent you a DM with my email address
[/quote]

Are you sure ? I did'nt find it

Back